Rift S and Aerosoft CRJ 700 crash

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

All removed

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Whenever I fly the Aerosoft CRJ 700 and switch to VR mode using a Rift S I will inevitably get a crash to desktop when i interact with buttons in the plane (so far it has been limited to lights and ap buttons that cause the crash). Would love a solution but am really looking for the steps on how to see why it crashed (log file or the like).

This does not happen with any other aircraft and I can fly this aircraft in standard (non-vr mode) no problem.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-core processor 3.59 GHz
48 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT
OCCULUS Rift S VR
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro joystick

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

No

Just to make sure, you are using the newest CRJ version that released I think two days ago?

As this is not a core sim issue I moved your topic into the #third-party-addon-discussion:aircraft category.

I am using the most updated version.

I’ve come to see this has nothing to do with CRJ-it is all aircraft and I am seeing posts that suggest this is because of a FS2020 update. I have tried starting in 2d, closing all menu windows (atc, map,etc…) hitting “reset panels” but no luck (I saw this suggested in another thread). Any other ideas to solve this issue?

Hello @WEASELPORT .
If your issue is unrelated to the CRJ and you suffer from CTDs even in 2d then you can either wait until the next update on the 7th (no guarantee that it fixes your issue), or you can try to fix it yourself, e.g. using this.

You would need to clear your community folder and marketplace add-ons etc. for troubleshooting etc.
For CTDs that occured after Sim Update 5, you can also post your crash log of the event viewer here: Repeated CTD's 1.18.14.0 & 1.18.15.0

No what I was saying was that all the crashes are in vr, but it is with all aircraft. Only time it did not crash was in a training flight…

I am having the same issue, as soon as I switch to VR, it crashes

My solution was switch to full screen (Alt+Enter) before going into VR. For some reason in windowed mode I was getting all sorts of CTD’s but in full screen I do not get any.