Road traffic missing with multi monitor

Hello,

thanks a very lot for trying to help.
I did that, then MSFS starts , i did the following setup, but the traffic is still there, but not moving.
See video, i turned on Options->Terrain-> Debug Road Vehicles from the Dev Menu:

Thanks for the try, even it doesnot fix the Issue.

Maybe you or anyone has another ideas please ?

Matthias

That’s the strangest thing. I’m out of ideas. I’m sorry I can’t help more. Perhaps someone else has seen this.

1 Like

Yes, really strange…

Also very strange, the Traffic on any Airport works fine …

1 Like

Hello,
i know now why my Traffic is gone.

When i activate the 2 Wxtra Windows for the Left and Right Screen, then the Traffic is not displayed.
When i close both of these extra windows, then the Traffic is back.

MAtthias

2 Likes

Hello again,
can pls anyone check if it is only on my System?
Just activate a second or third window under Experimentel and see pls if the Roadtraffic is moving or not ?

Thanks a lot for testing
Matthias

Hello,

i just had a look at my left/right Screen and there the Traffic is there and it is moving…
Just on the Middle Screen is no Traffic to see.

Can anyone confirm that issue please ?

Matthias

I confirm I have this issue. Please see attached image. The car traffic shows up on my added window only, but not on my main window.

I’ve added red circles where I see the cars/trucks on the added window, but again as you can see, no cars on the main window.

Mod Note: This should be SU10 Beta please.

4 Likes

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

no

Brief description of the issue:

When using the multi-window view, vehicles on the ground such as cars and trucks will not appear on any of the windows except for the last window that was added to the game with the “Add new render window” button. If a vehicle appears on the last added window and the camera is moved to where that vehicle would be on a different window, the vehicle will fade out of existence until the camera is repositioned back to the last added window again.

This does NOT apply to airport vehicles, only the generic cars on regular roads.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

1. Go to the Experimental settings tab, click “Add New Render Window”. The settings of the newly added window do not matter.
  2. Start a flight. It helps if Ground Vehicles under the Traffic settings is increased to 100.
  3. Enter the drone camera mode and find any road.
  4. Note how no ground vehicles appear on the original display.
  5. Pan the drone camera so that a road is visible on the newly added Render Window.
  6. Note how ground vehicles appear on the road ONLY in the newest render window.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

2 Likes

…are there maybe any news ?

On PC my road traffic disappeared and the fault was a corrupted package. I can’t remember what one it was, but I deleted it and it redownload on startup and fixed the problem!

Basically a reinstall will fix it.

Hmm, seams not the same here.
After i saw this the first time, i tought it was because i installed MSFS v1.27.16 on a fresh system.
As of this, i deinstalled again, opt out of the beta, installed SU9, checked the traffic, it was there.
But in SU9 i had only one MSFS Window.
Then i opt in to the Beta again and updated to v1.27.17 and the traffic was still there…
BUT only on the middle Window.
After opening the both Windows for my left/right Screen, the Traffic is again only visible
on the both left/right Screens, but not on the middle Screen.

Matthias

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I have seen some traffic on one of the 3 monitors I am using (one main and 2 rendered via experimental settings). However, it is sparse even with traffic set to 100.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1 Like

Also after 1.27.18.0 … it is still not fixed here … :frowning:

Moved to #bugs-and-issues:hardware. Fixed planned for next major release.

1 Like

I am having the same thing happen. Only in multiple monitors. Traffic is there with no windows made for multiple view. The last window that I make which is the right view has traffic but the other 2 views do not. I have tried everything and no matter what …only one view has traffic.

2 Likes

Same issue in VR.
VR topic as this one has been closed because it got fixed (issue is still open for VR): No traffic on roads anymore