Roads and streets are green and low resolution

I don’t think this is for anyone in here to figure out but rather an issue with the data Asobo need to address.

Not sure if this is related to the issue discussed in this thread. Since it’s about roads rather than aprons.

There is no need for photos, everyone is getting fed up with it but for goodness sake it cant take the brain of Seattle to get rid of the green roads and the green tint to everything.

1 Like

Some roads for a while now I appear to have a translucent green/white hybrid map-like overlay over some roads. Hard to describe but as though there is a 2D translucent decal on top of the road rather than a road texture. Wonder if it’s related.

Looks a bit bizarre.

@Zeeflyboy It’s a streetmap overlay, and a (detail) texture for asphalt.

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I was trying to describe, sometimes the road texture isn’t visible or appears to be underneath this streetmap overlay which one would assume isn’t how it is supposed to work!

No option to turn it off sadly. It’s rather annoying when flying low.

1 Like

Regarding the blurry line that cover roads it’s not changed since release I think it’s from the bing maps road overlays.
Currently the only way to remove them is within the sdk and outlining the road with the polygon tool then adding a specific material. You choose decals then select asobo decal 3. if you go over grass or water it will remove all 3d grass as well, so would be a right hassle to manually remove. They will have to do something on the ai side to fix this I would imagine.

The green roads are pretty ugly and make me think that they are algae-filled canals.

1 Like

This issue is very much widespread. I’ve observed this extensively on the bush trips, as recently as last week, prior to the performance fix.

Do we have any idea on what the status of fixing this is?

Ugly green roads on the SoCal coast too. Including the concrete around some of the smaller airports.

Roads need fixing. Right now most roads are very low detail and low quality. I think a new AI should detect roads and fix them, by “replacing” them with other textures than just an ugly overlay and remove the weird blobs and miscolored spots, etc. (I have no idea how any of the tech stuff works btw) If the road is dark, then dark asphalt textures. If the road is lighter, then lighter asphalt textures. (it would be awesome if it could recognize dirt, gravel, and sand roads as well)The lines on the roads the AI should detect and create its own, higher-quality lines. It detects the color of the lines as well. The AI should also detect crossings and sidewalks. The transition between the road and outside should be smooth not too sharp. (only if it’s visible from satellite imagery of course, for all things I’ve listed).

I know this is a flight simulator and you’re not supposed to fly close to the ground, but you still can and it even looks bad far up anyway. Also, the already high-quality generated buildings have no point to have such detail if the surrounding roads are ugly and inaccurate, and low quality.
An example of what I mean is the roads you can see in some places in the flight simulator.

Just a rough idea and suggestion.

3 Likes

1 Like

!

Asobo really needs to fix this, even old flight simulators do this better.
It’s been bugging me alot for a while now

Having driven the length and breadth of the UK professionally, have to dispute this. The ONLY places the roads are coloured red is where traffic is prohibited and is vary rare indeed.

The problem with “green” roads has been acknowledged by the MS team and they say it is under investigation - it is indeed due to the satellite imagery.

@Cotrozan please put the location. Where is this ?

(seems faulty water mask or something… :thinking: that place looks really ugly)