Roads and streets are green and low resolution

Hey fellow pilots, I noticed that german streets looks more like meadows. Since streets are good for orientation its a bit sad they look in this way.

Do you got the same problems?

2 Likes

Has anyone noticed that pavement/roads in some places have an ugly and unrealistic green hue to them? Check my screenshot.

4 Likes

I think this is a limitation of some of the Bing maps source images.

I hope they’ll fix this

I see this a lot as well and driveways are often a darker green that looks like moss instead of pavement

I’ve seen a lot of this as well when flying around in Sweden-Stockholm.

I guess it’s a limitation coming from the data they use but I wish they find a way to address it. It takes away a bit of the sense of realism looking down to find large highways colored green.

2 Likes

Hi, I have observed the same around the Chicago area. I think it has something to do with the satellite imagery used. It needs to be colour corrected but this would be an enormous task world wide. Sorry I can’t offer a solution though.

2 Likes

Opening a Zendesk ticket probably can’t hurt

1 Like

I can confirm, EDDF Frankfurt direction south,
for example A5 looks like it could be improved. :wink:

Yep. Such roads show up lots of places, and like said, it has to do with the satellite image used.

Makes it really hard to follow railroad tracks near my home in some places also, and in some cases the ai even thinks they’re rows of trees, lol.

I am NOT saying that this is the case, it MIGHT be though. Sadly, a few years ago, the German government did not want any of their lands/people/etc. to be in ‘detail’, thus they demanded people such as Google to REMOVE ALL STREET VIEWS.

You can see this for yourself if you try to use Google’s Street View - There is nothing anymore. :frowning: There used to be, I would view areas I once lived in, but now I can not longer do this.

This may also extend to high detail satellite images as well as it is possible to identify ‘things’. As being required by German government, what we are allowed to have is old/low detail images.

Just a thought…

:slight_smile:

Yeah, sorry, that’s not true. Individual Germans had the option to have their houses blurred in Street View (for apartment buildings, it was enough if one of the tenants requested it). As for satellite images, you can still make out details such as rearview mirrors.

5 Likes

Go pull up Street Views for Germany - It is pretty much empty. MS is not going to ‘pick and choose’ what areas are allowed or not. They would just blank out the whole area.

This would explain why it is missing in these areas. Is it? I do not know. However, this does ‘fit’ the question at hand. If you feel it is not, then what is your possible answer? :slight_smile:

Note: The blue areas are where Google Street Views is ‘working’. No blue? No Google Street Views.

2 Likes

Let’s compare it to the border with France. :+1:

1 Like

Hmm, interesting. Everywhere I ever looked, there was Street View available, but I guess I wasn’t looking outside of some bigger cities. :no_mouth:

1 Like

Nein bei mir nicht
Bei mir springt eher die 787 Farbe von blau auf Grün :joy:

It is just a theory I have and I could be totally wrong. But it SEEMS to fit though. That is also what they said about OJ and the glove too…heheehe :wink:

Thank you @ojhwel for stating what you did. Most would not have and I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Silly German Privacy Laws

1 Like

bad satelite images, bad quality of the scenery/streets. excepting the photogrammetry cities in germany.

Bad Bing pictures… Google & Apple is clean. :smiley: