Robin DR250-160 Capitaine Released!

Hey everyone I’ve finally released the first version of my DR250-160 mod of the default Robin!

Hope you like it!

Find it here: Robin DR250-160 Capitaine • Microsoft Flight Simulator

Find it here: Robin DR250-160 Capitaine • Microsoft Flight Simulator

4 Likes

A nice job. Well done. Now for a HR200 (all new model needed I think).

Justt made a little flight from Courchevel to Aoste , it’s perfect !
Very nice job !
Just a detail : the tail wheel doesn’t seem to be attached to the plane

Yup, it’s not. No way to add modelled bits yet! I’m thinking of getting creative with the flap actuators… :sweat_smile:

Thanks for the pics! Looks awesome!

1 Like

Search for bank angle studio if you need megeve altiport , very nice job they did , real fidelity , they also have LFHU coming with animated chairlift!!

1 Like

I love LFHU, would be great to see!

Whole model rework. Stumps gone, tailwheel added, all animations redone and much more realistic - matches DR250 handbook, textures remapped.

I’ll have this out soon, then its on to opening that hatch!

5 Likes

v1.2 RELEASED!

10/05/21 - Complete rework of the DR250-160 Capitaine, including:
- Tailwheel model added - castering and seperate from the rudder (but MSFS hasn’t
implemented true castoring yet)
- Livery removed (it was z-fighting/flickering - I’ll reinstate that if we want it, but other liveries are much nicer!)
- All animations redone and are more realistic now
- Cabin hatch separated and animated, but not yet implemented! Working on this next!
- Weight and Balance adjusted again. (There is a bug sometimes when you resync the aircraft from the Dev menu, making the aircraft more nose heavy)
- Contact points updated
- Known Issues:
- Frost not appearing on the windows
- Rain effect on rear windows is vertical (even the Asobo one is… rotating the UV doesn’t seem to help)

4 Likes

How do I get rid of the copilot? The instruction states that I have to rename one file but that file is not there. Instead, there are two files, so shall I just delete the one that has copilot in the extension?

will take this one for a flight right now.

I really enjoyed flying the 1.1. version. Great that you want to make the hatch animated.

edit
the rudder is quite drastic on the floor, maybe it’s like that, I don’t know.
The plane is tons of fun.

of course I flipped it on the taxiway, haven’r flown a taildragger in a while :rofl:

##############################################

“What do you mean, no pushback available ?”

flying a short trip from NZGT to NZTL.

thanks for this one !

They get pretty unstable like all taildraggers, but it’s something I’ll be refining as we go.

You’ll just have to get out and push it, lazy pilot! :rofl:
I’ll see if I can convince the ground staff to help out a bit. Maybe I’ll shout them a coffee. I’d consider offering them some indoors time, but that’s a little too fancy don’t you think? :grin:

Glad you’re enjoying it! Grab a few DR400 liveries and convert them with the converter. Some are really great looking!

The F-BMZE one is designed for this model and no conversion needed.

too late, I flew her naked !

The Robins are so lively, very hard to tame. You’re always engaged.

1 Like