Round the World in a 172 skyhawk real time, on MP

Hello , just going to repost my steam update on my round the world in a 172 Skyhawk info. Atm am sitting in CYGP,Gaspe Quebec, Canada.

So far this is early in my flight. Brief log so far

Aug 18 10:56pm
I first started FS many years ago on a Commodore 64. I have played a little over the years FSX, Xplane but am not an what I call a real simmer and have not played in good long while.
I just bought MSFS 2020 tonight and after a two and half hour down load pressed play. So here I am home at my home airport KAVL , Asheville NC. No thought as of right now which way to go or the best route, just taking off heading North. Relearning how to fly while flying.

Take off from home airport KAVL , I almost crashed into some mountains after take off

First landing was at KIAD , Washington Dulles International Airport.

ha, pressed some buttons now got the thing to give me an instrument approach to RWY 01L , quick google pulled up a neat little airport ILS approach plate :slight_smile: and it matches what the screen in game is saying for waypoints :slight_smile: Going to do this I hope

Landed np , KAVL-KIAD 192.56 NM used 15.62 gal / 93.8 lb of fuel.x2 forgot have two tanks Will sleep here in Washington and take back off in the morning.

19 hours ago.

Today first flight will be from KIAD to KLGA only 198 NM but I want to see NYC and the Statue of Liberty

17 hours ago
KIAD-Washington Dulles INTL to KLGA-Laguardia

120 NM

Used 14.21 gal x2 tanks

13 hours ago

KLGA-Laguardia to K ACK-Nantucket Memorial
105.01 NM
Fuel used 32% 8.98 gal x2 tanks

12 hours ago

Nantucket-KBOS Logan Intl

47.27NM

Fuel used

16% - 4.42 gal x2 tanks

7 hours ago

KBOS,Logan INTL to CYGP, Gaspe ( Michel-Pouliot) Airport Quebec, Canada

473NM flight

time 4hrs05min42sec
Fuel used 73% each tank 20.35 gals per tank x2
40.70 gal used total

Really fun flight :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Using real time , no fuel cheats, Total takeoff weight 2,558 lbs each flight . Fuel + myself,copilot and some snacks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This morning will be heading to CCB4 Davis Inlet , from CYGP Gaspe, 447 NM.

weather looking good

2 Likes

Good luck! Where do you need the copilot for? Ditch him and get his weight in fuel :wink:

2 Likes

I might do that but atm she keeps me company :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A little foggy this am up here in Northern parts of Canada , looks like no one awake atm.

9 Likes

Keep it up!

There’s 3 of us here in Britain that are going to do a round-the-world flight, although we’ll be switching planes and stopping off places to do some exploring on the way. Probably going to take months.

Yeah SwoopGB no rush here , low and slow , although atm looking at this Nexrad it’s a bit scary , thank the lord for the G1000 , just hope it’s not like this in a couple hours.

2 Likes

92 NM out from CCB4 and had to re direct to Goose Bay CYYR, due to bad weather , going to need some Instrument Procedure help , just hope I can get under the clouds before landing.

Looking at the forecast it’s not looking to good.

1 Like

At just around 2k feet and about 5 miles out from GooseBay was able to get under the clouds and land np :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Hi Dan,

Nice adventure! I hope to see more very soon :wink: I’m also planning a VFR trip in USA or Europe to check those beautiful sceneries in DR400 I think :heart_eyes:
I might post a thread :thinking:

2 Likes

Well I decide to make one short 154.9 NM hoop up the Newfoundland coast.

Goosebay CYYR - Davis inlet CCB4 ( called Nain Airport on skyvector )

Used 24% fuel 13.42 gal

The next leg will take me across the Labrador Sea onto GreenLand Shores

edit: Due to the real weather in Davis Inlet / Nain being very poor for the next three real days I cheated a little with the weather and gave myself all sunshine :slight_smile:

I did not see the airstrip till the last min , the trees blocking my sight, but here video . Don’t judge me my first time here. :slight_smile: Had to go full flaps \o/

5 Likes

This next leg I don’t have many options , one really. I had to ditch the co-pilot for the little bit of extra fuel savings and only carrying 50 lbs of gear, life raft+epirb :slight_smile: lol

Only one airfield with in range from Newfoundland and Greenland. Going to be a long flight. Over water. Scary stuff…

5 Likes

Also noticed hours in the plane are persistent, sort of neat.

7 Likes

I tried to ditch my copilot in my 172 also, in the flight planning, and in the menu options, but you still see someone sitting next you, lol.

I’m doing a 172 world tour as well.

I started in my hometown in North Texas. I’m currently in Mexico heading towards Cancun to have some Coronas on the beach.

Flying over the Gulf of Mexico for 4 hours wasn’t very fun, but I made it. I had to fly at 8,000 feet and conserve my fuel the best I could to make it.

1 Like

CCB4 Davis Inlet , Newfoundland - BGGH Nuuk Godthab Airport , Kittaa Greenland

Flight time 5hrs03min
572 NM
Fuel used 70% - 38.54 gal

Going through some pretty cool clouds over the Labrador Sea , other than that it was pretty much 99% flying over water :slight_smile:

Nice little airport

4 Likes

Does the plane count the actual total hours you’ve had in this plane since you started playing the sim? Or just since you started this savegame sort of thing?

Well atm I have 35 hours , per steam page in game and showing right now 19.1 total hours in the 172

So maybe

I have not really been picking up from any saved game. At night when I log out or during the day I take a break turn the game off , I start fresh from the last airport I landed at

3 Likes

Great Idea!
Can we found an multiplayer group and join with other interested pilots?