Round the World in a 172 skyhawk real time, on MP

Today I took off from BGGH,Nuuk Greenland flew to BGKK,Kulusuk Greenland

382.6 NM
Used 54% - 30.4 Gal of Fuel

This trip took me 2 tries due to a few very tall mountains over 12k feet , that or some glaciers are out of place, which might be the case.

Either way I made it and landed in Kuulusuk Greenland np :slight_smile:
Next leg will take me to Iceland :slight_smile:

Not 100% sure if the total hours on the 172 are 100% correct will keep better logs on total flight time

2 Likes

BGKK, Greenland - BIRK Reykjavik,Iceland

396 NM
59% - 32.98 gal of fuel used

99% flight over the Labrador Sea

But coming into Reykjavik just at sunset was awesome
Got a really cool view of the snow capped 700,000 year old glacier capped stratovolcano :slight_smile:

right hand side of the pic you can see it named Snæfellsjökull

3 Likes

BIRK, Reykjavik - BIHN, Hornafjordur Iceland

174 NM
30% - 16.8 gal
Time 1hr:36min

Awesome Flight of Iceland, some really nice scenery!!
Next leg will take me into Scotland! \o/

Here is one screen shot of coming into Hornafjordur of the
Hoffellsjokull Glacier

4 Likes

230 NM away from Sumbugh Scotland- EGPB , passing Faroe Islands

3 Likes

Scottish Isles \o/ Made it!! After crossing the North Easter part of the Atlantic from Iceland to the Scottish Isles, I landed safely at EGPB Sumburgh, Scotland.

471 NM
4hrs10min flight
Fuel 69%-38.9gal

Here you can see the airport in the distance!! In game it’s absolutely beautiful!!!

7 Likes

EGPB Sumburgh,Scotland - ENBR-Flesland,Bergen Norway
215 NM
Fuel used 36%-22.22gal

99% of flight over the North Sea and at night, not much to see :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Last flight for tonight

ENBR,Bergen - ENVA,Trondheim,Avinor Norway
256 NM
2hrs14min

Fuel 41% - 22.72 gal
Flight was all in the dark till about 15 min before touch down. Wheels down 5:40 am Local Time GMT+2
Lined up on the ILS-9 at Trondheim Airport

36.3 hours on the inside panel of the plane

4 Likes

Starting today Flight in Sweden at ENVA and going to cross the Baltic Sea into Finland. Land on a little island in Bothnian Bay, Hailuoto.

3 Likes

Is the fuel flow in the standard edition c172 realistic?

well , tbh I am not 100% sure. I do know that I keep a lean mixture , I watch and listen to that alot. The longest flight I’ve had so far was crossing from Newfoundland over the Labrador Sea / Davis Strait and it was just at 572 NM, used 70% of my fuel @ a cruising altitude of 7500, 30.4 gal.

In game shows a max range at around 748 NM.

3 Likes

ENVA Vaernes, Trondheim Airport Norway - EFHL, Hailuoto Finland

370 NM

Fuel used 64% - 35.8 gal

Nice easy flight, but I did have a little issue with the small grass landing strip at Hailuoto, It really is a short runway. I bounced over a road and ended up in a road :slight_smile: but made it \o/

2 Likes

@SirDanFlyBoy
what server do you fly in?

I have not played MP yet , was worried it might effect my performance. But after I land in a few hours in Helsinki , I might give mp a go :slight_smile:

3 Likes

EFHL Hailuto - EFHK Helsinki, Finland

279 NM

Fuel used 53% 29.9 gal
2hr56min flight time

Wheels down 12:11 am GMT+3

Hours show on inside panel 42.1

Mostly Dark Flight , till I reached Helsinki and then the night turned into City Lights :slight_smile:

Coming into Helsinki at night is just awesome!!! Amazing Airport !!!

Landing on the ILS 4L

5 Likes

Last flight for tonight

EFHK Finland to ULLI Pulkovo, St Petersurg Russia

172.6 NM
used 31% - 16.9 gal

Wheels down 5:04am GMT+3

St. Petersug Airport is just awesome !!! It’s a huge airport ofc flying a 172 guess all major airports seem large :slight_smile:

Have to check out the Church of the savior on spilled Blood!!

2 Likes

Rather than fly around the world… there are Bush pilot flights where you can see things. It is quite challenging.
Not sure it is possible to even do an around the world In a C172 without fuel cheats. You can do the fuel cheats by setting a refuel and repair key. Not sure if it will work in the air though.

Why would you need fuel cheats ? 172 can fly almost 600 NM with both tanks full , depending on how much you carry with you. There are many many airports. I was worried a bit about going from eastern Russian crossing over to the Aleutian Islands into AK but I just looked and it’s 100% doable. UHPK, Russia- PAAT Casco Cove Cgs , Alaska is only 418 NM :slight_smile:

And yes I will be doing a lot of bush type flying once this RTW trip is done. I love flying low and slow

4 Likes

Nice project, I will follow your progress! Just as a little heads up: for it to be a “proper” round the world, you would have to cross the equator at some point, so what about a little trip south to the Maldives? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Waiting for a proper C172 to be released (hoping A2A are already working hard on this) as well as the Autopilot, G1000 and other issues to be patched and I will do something like that as well. For now I’m happy flying around my local area :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good idea :slight_smile: I do plan on flying SW across Europe and maybe down along the west coast of Africa and back up the other side.

2 Likes