Round the World in a 172 skyhawk real time, on MP

Yeah the G1000 does have few issues but nothing that has kept me from flying point A - B :slight_smile:

3 Likes

First Flight today,

ULLI , St Petersburg - EETN , Tallinn Estonia

165.8 NM
used 29% 16.81gal
time 1hr32min

Wheels down 6:48 PM GMT+3

Nice airport, a bit rolling runway but good.

Now off to Latvia :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice flight into Riga , Latvia

EETN, Tallinn - EVRA Riga Intl, Latvia
152 NM

( I wrote down all the info in notepad after flight , closed FS - Notepad closed w/o saving )

I remember I did land on ILS-18
The airport was nice and the flight was pretty nice :slight_smile:

Riga Intl, Latvia on ILS-18 approach

Next flight will take me into Lithuania

2 Likes

Maybe we will cross paths, I am starting today from KHIO (Hillsboro Oregon) on a West to East around the world in the X Cub. I will be sweating it some over eastern Russia due the lack of airports.

2 Likes

Awesome Eric ,

Yeah that part of the world airports start spreading thin, Rough plan I have is going up the through Japan, Hokkaido then shoot over to Alaska.

Keep me posted :slight_smile:

2 Likes

EVRA Riga Intl, Latvia -UMKL Karelichy, Belarus
220 NM
2hrs13min

Fuel used 44% 24.54 gal

11:28 PM GMT+3

Nice little airport,

My plan was to fry from Latvia and land in Lithuania but I fell asleep for about 30min and woke up in Belarus :slight_smile: Lucky when I woke up I was not out of fuel and only 5 NM from an airport :slight_smile:

Nice little airport UMKL

1 Like

What kind of range are getting? That is about 1300 miles! I am going out on the Aleutien islands, jumping off from PASY to Peteopavlovsk (UHPP) 568 NM and then to Iturup (UHSI) that is 628 miles and that will be the questionable leg. Maybe I can get high enough and glide in!

172 can fly almost 600 NM with both tanks full , depending on how much you carry with you. There are many many airports. I was worried a bit about going from eastern Russian crossing over to the Aleutian Islands into AK but I just looked and it’s 100% doable. UHPK, Russia- PAAT Casco Cove Cgs , Alaska is only 418 NM

The longest part of this whole trip I think is going to be going from Newfoundland over the Labrador Sea , Which I have already flown that part \o/
I will post a detailed flight plan that I took after this is over , atm I don’t have a full flight plan

1 Like

Does look like going from BGGH in Greenland to Canada has a few options under 500 miles. :slight_smile:

Eric , I will say mate if when you do decide to fly over Greenland , Get above 12k ft. Some scenery issues atm over a lot of Greenland :slight_smile: But good news is that will get fixed at some point :slight_smile:

2 Likes

UMKL - UKBB Boryspil, Ukraine just outside of Kiev

256 NM
2hr02min

Fuel used 45% 25.14 gal

Nice landing on ILS rwy 18L

Nice airport!!

Going to start flying Live , Live players MP from now on.

2 Likes

Well have to say my first time playing Live MP was good :slight_smile:

UKBB Ukraine - LROP Otopeni, Henri Coanda Airport Romania

398 NM
Fuel Used 65% 36.68 gal
Landed on ILS 8L

Really Nice Flight, Started very late and ended in the early am:)
Engine off at 7:41am GMT-3

Amazing storm on the way into Otopeni about 60 NM out

4 Likes

Hy Guys,
i will start my trip soon. Some training flights with the C172 left, to figure out the Garmin GNS530 a little more :slight_smile:
The plan is to take off at Berlin-Tegel, fly around the world and land at the new Berlin-Brandenburg-International Airport. The only rule is that i have to visit the capital city of every country i fly over to see as much of the world as possible.

2 Likes

Good Stuff Borchi!!!

1 Like

LROP Bucharest - LDRI Rijeka, Krk Island Croatia , Along the Adriatic Sea

Live Players, Live Traffic, Weather/Time Live

491 NM

Time 4hrs:12min

Total fuel used 85% - 47.72 gal

Local time 7:31 GMT+2

Nice island airport.

Not sure why I used so much fuel this trip , maybe I was not lean enough. I almost ran out of fuel before landing. First time getting Alert for low fuel.

2 Likes

LDRI Krk Island, Croatia - LIPZ Tessera, Venice

95 NM

Fuel used 22% 12.1 gal

Touchdown 9:35 pm GMT+2

Runway 22 R

Nice short Night flight

Airport is nice!!!

3 Likes

LIPZ Venice - LFMN Nice, Cote d’Azur France on the French Riviera
246 NM

Fuel used 50%-27.88gal

Landed on ILS 4L

1:05 am GMT+2

Hours in the Air 2hrs33min

Nice Airport had some wind this time \o/

1 Like

unnamed

My logs so far, a bit buggie I think

1 Like

LFMN Nice - LEPA Palma De Mallorca,Spain

318 NM

3hrs:06min

landed on rwy ILS 24R Y

Fuel used 49% 27.48 gal

Wheels down 4:50am GMT+2

Nice Mediterranean Island , good airport
Not much to see at night 99% over water.

1 Like