Round the world in a X Cub

You can save a flight in progress but it is a bit buggy. Press ESC to go to the pause menu and click Load/Save at the bottom. Stuff that I’ve noticed so far is:

• The weather/time of day cannot be edited after loading a save game. The little cloud in the top menu isn’t avalaible and cannot be enabled
  • Quite often the tail number and ATC call sign reset to the default. For me this is the most annoying bug because I always like to use my own tail number. I’ve tried saving at different points in the same flight. On reload, some saves are OK and others the tail sign is reset. I can’t see any particular circumstance that drives this.
  • I’ve had one occasion where the VFR map was stuck on reload - so it wouldn’t GPS track and couldn’t be zoomed or panned. This was broken for the rest of the flight and I couldn’t fix it
  • If you save with autopilot on, it is random (as far as I can tell) whether autopilot is on when you load or not - so be ready to fly the plane!
  • I’ve had occasions where the flight plan has not loaded - that was a real pain. However, I reloaded the save file and the flight plan returned - something of a glitch

Having said all that, if you are mid flight and are likely to need to stop, I suggest doing 2 or 3 saves over the space of a few minutes before stopping - I find that usually at least one of those saves works fine. So I do find it useful.

I’ve ZenDesked all this.

4 Likes