RTW with Soft Airlines

Approaching Gimhae Airport. ATC directed me to land on RWY 32L with 14kt wind from 188. Not smart.

Parked. Busy airport with lots of GAs.

It’s a bug an happens in other planes with an opening window as well.

So it’s Asobo’s fault to get me killed in that take off.

LEG 7: RKPK-RJOC
Across the sea for a small airport in Japan, Izumo Airport. It may interprets as romantic destiny in Japanese。

Though the destination sound promising, but take off is a struggle, since ATIS broadcasts a 24kt crosswind. Before this flight I changed simulation model in option from modern to legacy. This may cause the trouble in take off. Another reason may be I wasn’t turning the yoke into the wind. It might be caused by improper operation.

So far the Cerenado Arrow is OK to me on details, but on operation level, I’m not so sure. Even in no wind situation, take off still needs to pull the stick by 2/3 of its range to lift off the nose. That’s quite different from all the default models with standard version. I have never flew a real plane, but from real life videos, and preview video for Just Flight version of Arrow, take off only needs a gentle pull, like with a Cessna 172. I would get a JF version of Arrow when it’s available on Xbox.

After take off, it’s a 200nm long and boring across-the-sea flight. It would be a exhausting flight without AP.

Nice to see a gorgeous sunset, but story behind the scene is a tragedy. Crashed into the sea, because I took too long in drone mode to take pictures, and when returned to cockpit view, there is no room to save the plane from loosing control. This bug really is annoying. Sometimes I have to resist the temptation to take a picture to spare me the struggle to get control again.

1 Like

It’s dark when arrived at Izumo airport. A bit difficult to land without ILS. Thanks to the PAPI lights, and no trees and buildings in the glideslope. The touch down is heavy, probably the landing gear needs a fix after this.

LEG 8:RJOC-RJNK
Back to Izumo airport in the morning, but time is not synchronized yet. Still pitch black and have to restart the flight from menu.
Downview for the airport. I parked on the right of the RWY last night since I could not find the ramp in the dark.
There is no ATIS on Izumo airport, but the wind socket tells me a gentle wind. Take off from RWY 25 and turn left for heading 70. This flight will be pure hand fly along the coastline.

Nice clouds along the way to Komatsu Airport.
Tested the method of pause and then screenshot (not active pause), still not working. Screenshot the save the plane every time.

OAT is about 18°C. Nice weather.

Passing Tottori Airport, and did a touch and go. The distance when I decided to do the touch and go is kind of late to decrease altitude. Have to let go the throttle and flaps early. The touch part is fine, but go part is not. Even forgot the put up the flaps.

1 Like

Through the cloud to Komatsu. Pitot heat on. I reckon more smart way is to go around or up of the cloud.
Detect the RWY by visual. ATC tells me wind is 348 18kt. Cut downwind and land at RWY24. Again not satisfied with this landing. Really have to work on the crosswind landing techinics.

LEG 9:RJNK-RJAF
Did 2 rounds of traffic pattern training on Komatsu airport. Definitely not as good as on a Cessna 172. Really want to try the JF version Arrow.
Depart and head for Narita Airport originally, but the wind is strong. Have to land on Matsumoto Airport. Pull the all mighty 172 out of my hangar to relieve the duty of Cerenado Arrow.

LEG 10:RJAF-RJAA
Depart for Narita on sunset. Cessna 172 in standard version is almost perfect except for the power and glass cockpit.

Climb over the mountain in rain, and rainbow is in the distance. Fly towards the rainbow in max power! Can’t miss this.

Another sunset with tough 172, but nearly stall when climbing over these mountains……

It’s dark when arriving at Narita. Good chance to practice ILS. Dark, rainy, and 18kt crosswind, quite suitable for instrument flying. Result is acceptable, though the touch down is slightly heavy.

LEG 11:RJAA-RJSM
Intend to accumulate more experiences with night flying. Take off from Narita, and head for Misawa Air Base. The nav system is circling after take off. Have to align the heading manually and then switch to nav.
ILS frequency is set up before landing, but can’t pick up signal even within 2nm. Got screwed again. Thanks to PAPI, landing was safe and sound.

It’s a good night of gusty wind, and shimmering stars. It’s a proper time to say goodbye.