RTW with Soft Airlines

Discovery trip round the world with (Micro)Soft Airlines. Departure from ZBAA!!
01|690x388

Oops……First pic not working.

LEG 1:ZBAA-ZBTJ
Depart from Beijing Capital Airport to Tianjin Binhai Airport. GPS navigation will be my last option. For this trip, using VOR VYK, frequency 112.7MHz, 50nm to the VOR, then turn to heading 102° for another 36nm.
Currently flying with TBM 930. May change during flight (yes I have hangars around the world). Go with Heading and ALT mode when cruise.

Heading for the coast:

1 Like

LEG 2: ZBTJ-ZSHD
Depart from Tianjin Binhai Airport, heading for Qinhuangdao Beidaihe Airport, but the destination seems to invalid in MSFS, so when arriving at VOR LC, head for ZSHD. Maps for Asia seems not very complete except for Japan. Looking forward to futures updates if any possibility.

Cruising along the coastline:

Got enough of the G1000 and glass cockpit. Bought the Carenado Arrow III as my first payware. Nice details with very basic AP, which is more than enough automatic for my kind of trip.

LEG 3: ZSHD-ZJIH
Shanhaiguan to Dalian City, heading 130°, directly across the bay. The crash after screen shot in drone mode back to cockpit mode is driving me crazy. Almost end up into the sea several times!

1 Like

LEG 4: ZJIH-ZKPY
Leaving Lvshun (I think it’s a military airport, judging from it’s not showing its name on any maps) and heading for Sunan International Airport, Pyongyang, North Korea.
Before taxi out, took a photo with the buddy beside me. I’m using real weather & traffic, so no idea if it’s a real buddy or just an AI buddy. BTW, when I was landing on ZJIH, about 50 feet above ground before touch down, an A320 suddenly emerged from the back for landing. Scare the ■■■■ out me, and nearlly flipped my little Arrow over.

Picked up the VOR signal the second I retracted my landing gear. Using VOR on an island called Dachangshan Airport. Could not find it in Skyvecotr though.
The old fashioned DME tells me it’s 37nm away. Not sure what’s the meaning for the other number……

If terrain is suitable, usually cruise at 2500ft. Set throttle, propeller RPM, mixture……Though mixture doesn’t even work for the Arrow. The EGT remains still whatever you do to the mixture. Mix for nothing.
It’s very handy to copy the power setting from the sun visor. The budget is running low at home, so try to cruise with 65% power to save some gas money. Manifold pressure a little more than 25, RPM 2200, mixture goes with whatever number I like.

Approaching the VOR location on the island. Disconnect AP and aim for a landing for short break. The scenery is absolutely beautiful. Nice place for a weekend camping.
Did some research online, this happens to be the smallest civil airport in China mainland.
After a short break, continue heading for Pyongyang.

Real image of this island from map:

Approaching Korea Peninsula, and landing at Pyongyang Airport. There should be ILS in this airport, but glideslope is not working. I may be using the wrong direction though.
The modeling for Asia is not much to see except for Japan. Kind of flat land for Pyongyang.

LEG 5: ZKPY-RKSS
Depart North Korea for South Korea Gimpo International Airport. Beautiful mountains in the middle of the Peninsula.

VOR signal at Pyongyang is very tough, still picking up after 80nm, considering all the mountains along the way. Noticed the fuel flow is bit high halfway. I may accidently pushed the throttle to full some time during the flight. The throttle lever for Hotas One is kind of loose, even after I disassembled it and made some improvement.
Every half an hour, I change the tank selector to balance the wing weight. Everything is manual, which is good.

Approaching the 38th Parallel, the destination airport should be nearby. Prepare for landing: turn on landing light, fuel pump on, pitot heat on, RPM to max, mixture to rich, decrease throttle. This time we definite have ILS, but won’t bother with it. Cut into downwind and use VFR for landing.

Gimpo airport is sort of busy. Another airliner is coming down right after me clearing the runway. This big fellow is turning around on taxi way. Won’t the ground have some control!

Parked at the GA ramp. Open the co-pilot door for some fresh air.

LEG 6:RKSS-RKPK
Gimpo to Gimhae Intl. Still VOR to VOR. Did a simple flight plan with an APP.

Before taking off, enjoy the little details for Cerenado Arrow in the sunrise. The GTN 750 is by default on while it’s not available on Xbox. You have to turn it off every time you start the plane. Kind of silly.

The first take off ends up in crash, because I forget to close the side window. This is a stupid design, since I’m sure the max speed to open this window is way higher than my normal cruise speed on the POH, while on MSFS I crash even before 80kts. What can I say……
It’s good visibility today, with 14kt crosswind up in the air.