Rudder issue after recent update

@AgustinPT65 @cjacks61 The source of my issue eventually turned out to be the Num-keys. For decades you could use num-4 and num-6 to turn on the ground. Somewhere after su5-6 it was not possible anymore. Now default is num-0 and Enter.

I also have this problem (all aircraft). Before take-off all seems to be fine, e.g. taxiing from gate to runway, once airborne is fine, however after landing taxiing was impossible as the rudder wouldn’t work as it kept trying to re-centre itself. This is with all Assists off. I am using a PC with Thrustmaster T. Flight Rudder Pedals.

I still have the centering issue with or without assistance turned on. Tried everything including a control profile with nothing but rudders assigned to key inputs (should theoretically go to, and stay at, 100% deflection)

Yes, had exactly this for the first time last night. Only observed on taxi after landing. Saitek pro pedals. I suspect it has nothing to do with the peripheral though. Only had one instance of it since SU7, but will be on the lookout for more.

Yes on pc. but appears to work via keyboard commands

PC, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, all assists off. Problem appears only after touchdown with the 787, the other aircraft I’ve recently tested (747, A320Neo, Cessna 152) are working fine (at least in this respect). With the 787, taxiing becomes impossible, the pedals jitter like crazy and the plane veers to the left or right. Joystick input only works for a fraction of a second, then pedals recenter (all while jittering). If I continuously turn the joystick (i.e. use the rudder) and let go, I can change the direction, but as soon as I stop it just goes wherever it wants to. Together with the non-working reverse thrust and the AP just banking like nuts sometimes the 787 which normally is pretty sweet-tempered to fly becomes basically uncontrollable at times.

2 Likes

Have tried turning off auto rudder made little difference . Intend to recalibrate joystick by way of disconnect and reinstall in windows 10 .

I use the MFS2020 on my PC and use a Logitech Thrustmaster. Before mid-November, I really enjoyed the simulator and had absolutely no problems. After the big mandatory update of November 17th I began having major issues with my simulatior. I was doing touch and goes at Leesburg airport in Florida in a C172. On my first final approach I had a number of screen freezeups and after touchdown the plane would veer off to the right. I could not bring it back with full input of left rudder. In addition, the plane will now go througha whole forest of trees and will travel across water. The simulator will not stop the game after a crash, but the plane will usually flip right-side-up and continue to travel. I’m a licensed pilot with over 600 hours and don’t really appreciate the “Objectives” box that now appears in the upper-righthand corner of the screen. I know how to operate an aircraft and don’t need my mother nagging me over my shoulder to tell me what to do. Actually, when landing, a pilot should be scanning all the gauges and looking outside the plane for traffic and not reading something that takes his eyes away from the task at hand. I can’t seem to be able to turn it off. Bottom line is, I can’t use this simulator in this condition!!!

I think I might know the cause of your woes: after SU7 all the ‘pilot assistance’ settings got reset to Easy.

Go to Assistance and turn em to what you would like or used to have. For you they should all be hard!

I have something completely different happening after resolving the rudder issue by selecting “medium”. I was flying out of Polo Polo headed into the mountains trying to gain altitude for a return landing and the elevator started porpoising up and down uncontrollably until I finally crashed. Funny thing is when I did a restart the flight worked flawlessly. They need to fix this software big time. Very undependable.

I fixed my PC rudder problems with removing the Auto-Rudder under the assistance options.

Same issue here on Xbox. Since two weeks steering after landing is impossible. Midair is all fine though. The rudder seems to be blocked. Changing the rudder preferences didn’t bring any changes.

This problem occured to me once or twice before (middle of September) but vanished shortly.

Did anybody opened a Ticket?

H

1 Like

That did not solve it for me. Even if I remove auto-rudder from the settings, the Baron G58 is not controllable on the runway for me, neither on takeoff nor on landings. It goes anywhere but not on a straight line, no matter what I am doing.

WOW!! Thanks much for the info. After resetting the settings, everything worked flawlessly and I just greased two landings at Leesburg. If you ever get to Leesburg let me know - I owe you a beer!!
Thanks again.
Al

The Doctor is ‘in’. Lol.

Your description of the symptoms made it a safe diagnosis. And if I ever make it to Leesbugh from Scotland I’ll take you up on that beer😉

I just turned off Auto-Rudder and it worked once and not since. This is a huge issue for those of us who like to land and make it safely to the terminal. This goes deeper than AR and should be fixed in the next big update. If you know of a patch please post a link. This really is unacceptable for a game /sim of this type.

When is the Dec update scheduled for rollout? I’ve heard it’s available now?

Loss of ground control after taking off from a selected runway.

Using a Logitech Extreme 3 D PRO controller, Default control settings and Cessnas 152s and 172s and aTBM930. No rudder pedals were connected.

Under these conditions, if taking off from a selected runway, the following has been observed:

After landing, rudder input (twisting the joystick) acts ok until the aircraft slows to about 60 knts when complete turning control is lost as observed in the rudder display and movement of the aircraft.

While taking off, if the takeoff is to be aborted and the plane slowed to turn off the runway, rudder control is followed automatically to full throttle with little ground control.

These problems began after SU6.

When under the same conditions, if the flight is started from a selected parking space or from an in the air POI, the rudder gives full control on takeoff and landing.

You said it better than I could. I’m glad I’m not the only one experiencing this. This used to work perfectly a couple months ago.

1 Like

Same here rudder all outa whack since update, I for one am parking the sim until next year and they stop adding stuff and start fixing things. As it is totally unplayable atm.

So nothing of the suggestions above worked for me; however, I did find one thing that fixed my abnormal sensitivity and random re-centering of my rudder that’s a small modification of one of the new profile suggestion. Creating a new profile didn’t do it but instead waiting until the sim was open with my control interfaces disconnected, then connecting when to the main menu screen. You get the popup asking to use defaults or custom profile. I chose custom, then chose the default control config to start a new controller profile where I redid my sensitivities and readjusted defaults to what I wanted. Hopefully that subtle difference of creating a new profile in that manner helps for you. I didn’t realize it at first but my mouse was also screwed up so I had to do the same with my mouse.