Rudder pedals for MSFS2020

Anyone here know out of these what would be good for rudder pedals for MSFS?

Logitech Pro Flight Rudder Pedals https://a.co/d/cfsCmZs

CH Products Pro Pedals USB Flight Simulator Pedals (300-111) https://a.co/d/9rb03x5

Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder (PS5, PS4, XBOX Series X/S, One, PC) https://a.co/d/92BI7XR

Best of the three? The old CH Products.
But don’t expect miracles in this price range.

much better:
VKB, T-Rudders Mk.IV – VKBcontrollers.com
Virpil, VIRPIL Controls - Rudder Pedals - Shop (virpil-controls.eu)
MFG Crosswind. MFG - Best realistic rudder pedals for flight simulation with hall sensors - Milan Flight Gear (mfg-sim.com)

Or you see if you can find an old Hoffmann Simped somewhere.

2 Likes

I have MFG Crosswind since FSX days and they are perfect.

4 Likes

I have the Logitech ones and I find it’s tough to get small left/right deflections without fiddling around with a dead zone or input curve - the spring that returns it to center feels pretty aggressive to me even at loosest tuning, and by the time you get it beyond the initial friction you’ve gone pretty far.

Haven’t dared to dive into the high-end brands yet but I’m researching slowly. :wink:

1 Like

Just buy the Thrustmaster TPR’s and be done with it.

5 Likes

The VKB T-Rudders are only just back in stock (in Europe), so I’ve now ordered and awaiting shipping…

1 Like

@gordongreig

For Helis better than the others. Also reallly great, if you seat on a Rolling Office Chair

Nice but really expensive. For this you can also buy a older Slaw Device. The best om the market

Personal Comments

@RFG10228944 - Couldn’t agree more. Although a pricy option, they are super heavy duty, incredibly well made, and work a lot like actual aircraft rudder pedals. You definitely won’t be disappointed.

And if your desk chair has casters, buy some replacement casters with induvial wheel locks. Makes all the difference. I bought these, but there are many options.

1 Like

That’s me! One reason why I’ve gone for these, plus their Gladiator NXT joysticks are very good too

1 Like

Honeycomb charlie is pre-order now for September shipping.
Turtle beach pedals also should be out in a couple of months.

I have both the V2’s, and the V3’s with the hydraulic damper kit.

Both are excellent bits of kit, and well worth the money.

1 Like

I’ve owned a few and ended up sticking with the MFG.

No, pre-order for Charlies starts July 15th.

1 Like

Of those two I would get the TM TFRP (again). I used to have the CH, but was never quiet content with them, because I always had some jittering and had to put in a large dead zone. I also tested the Logitech and I think it’s overpriced and I’m also not thrilled by the build quality.

The Thrustmaster pedals are reasonably well built and uses metal rails for the sliding action. Also the sliding action is pretty smooth if you keep the dust off the metal rails. Dead zone works wells also. So in that price range it’s my favourite.

3 Likes

Im trying to decide between rudder pedals or the TCA addons as you really dont use rudder that much?

Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant Add-On Airbus Edition: Ergonomic replica of the Airbus

For what it’s worth another recommendation for the MFG Crosswind pedals here. They have a very good long standing reputation and are good all rounders for GA’s, fast jets, commercial aircraft and helicopters. They don’t have a detent at their centred position- whatever you go for make sure they don’t have a centre detent, moving the pedals just slightly off centre with finesse becomes difficult to achieve smoothly and is really a distraction from the immersion.

1 Like
1 Like

No specific detent, but there are a number of cams that can be fitted which alter the curve the pedals roll through, and one of those has a deeper curve, with a more pronounced centre.

I have Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder for some years, used previously with old sims and actually XP 11 and MSFS, no reliability problems but unable of getting it working fine in MSFS.

Yes, perhaps I have not been totally clear.
What I was trying to get at was although the MFG’s do return to centre (with the spring attached), even fine/subtle pedal movements from their centred position are possible as the cam action is very progressive.
Other pedals (e.g. Logitech G940) can have quite a course action where trying to get subtle movements around their centred position, i.e. particularly transitioning between slight left and right deflections off of centre where you feel like you are fighting against the detent.

1 Like