Runway Tears / Terrain Issues in Photogrammetry Areas

Interesting.

Which airfield is that?

What graphics mode are you using?

I just went there (KPHL, 27R) and at least in ā€œUltraā€ I can neither see nor produce a crack at that location.
But the ground textures in your screenshot look different than mine ā€¦ so clearly you are getting a different dataset.

Issue at KOAK rw 30 still there after latest patch yesterday too.

I am getting this exact issue right now. :frowning:

the issue is still acitveā€¦ instead of adding new features or platforms Asobo / Microsoft should ensure a stable and fixed sim - after that they can go further - every update made it worser

1 Like

Thatā€™s kind of what Asobo are doing for the next two patches, clearing the decks as it were, but I confess I have no idea off the top of my head whether runway tears featured in any way in SU6, but the release notes are out there if you care to read them. SU7 is a total unknown at this point, to us on the periphery.

1 Like

In a certain way ā€¦ this bug already has been fixed in SU5.

The ā€œtearsā€ and ā€œtile cracksā€, since SU5, are no longer limited to photogrammetry areas ā€¦ and they often are no longer ā€œrandomā€ but persistent and reproducible.

I think that this is important as it shows that they have somehow unified the terrain creation ā€¦ and it seems to have helped to speed up the graphics.

There is a more general discussion going on over here ā€¦

1 Like

still get a crash when taxxing on RWY 30 at KOAK with photogrammetry on.
Not Fixed!

3 Likes

So unfortunately, airport loading too late issue has started again for me!!! This is very bad since the issue was resolved pretty much after SU5 and itā€™s bag again! The airport basically loads incorrectly or too late and a result the sim thinks that I landed on dirt! This happens always on the third leg!!! Hope they fix it.

1 Like

This started happening to me after UPD7. I just crashed twice in a row when trying to land in KATL, RWY28. Boring uneventful flight from Miami to Atlanta, approach through heavy fog, so i havenā€™t seen the tragedy until i was touching down, then hit a wall that shouldnā€™t have been there. Basically thereā€™s a stairway 28 instead of runway 28. Blammo. During the second landing, i tried to set it down as late as possible on a relatively straight patch of terrain (and only on the right side from the center line), but then i drove into a huge hole during braking, so i crashed anyway. This is ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  me off to no end. If itā€™s not one thing thatā€™s broken, itā€™s another. What a dumpster fire MSFS turned out to be. :frowning:

This issue is extremely disheartening.

Iā€™m even having issues with this whilst taxiing on taxiways.

I flew into KFAT, was taxiing on B3, had just crossed 29L and was turning right onto B. I was observing the strange photogrammetry buildings along the side of the airport when I crashed due to damaged landing gear.

Like a dope, I didnā€™t capture the footage. I loaded back into KFAT and tried taxiing around the exact same part of taxiway B3/B, but couldnā€™t reproduce the issue. It dawned on me, ā€œRight, the data is now cached.ā€

This issue has nailed me more than once just taxiiing. My first flight out of KBUR had me taxi to R15 and just as I turned onto the runway, I damaged my landing gear and crashed. I wasnā€™t able to reproduce that again, either.

It has to be these tears whilst the terrain loads. The worst part of this is the unsuspecting nature of it. You can pull off a number of landings/taxis with zero issue and then, of a sudden, BAM! youā€™re caught out unawares.

Just, d*** it!

I had it happen again today while taking off from runway 30 at KOAK. I was using the FBW A320 and just as I began rolling and the plane flipped on its left side and crashed. Just 20 minutes prior I landed at this airport from KLAS and I didnā€™t restart the sim. I just reset the MCDU and set up a new flight plan.

I havenā€™t had a problem in at least 5-6 months, so I hope this isnā€™t a sign of things to come. :frowning:

The KOAK 30 has been there since launch and isnā€™t a tear, itā€™s an invisible object. You can even coax your landing gear up onto it like a Jeep clearing a large boulder.

There are objects all over the taxiways and apron.

Harumph.

1 Like

I see. I tried again and recorded the even this time. :frowning:

@Asobo @MSFS please fix. Canā€™t use this airport like this.

1 Like

I have this issue at every airport thatā€™s in the photogrammetry areaā€™s. Very annoying. Been like this probably since SU5. I have to avoid all big cities or risk the chance of crashing upon landing or takeoff. Please Asoboā€¦fix this issue.

Hello guys!
Does anyone having same problem or just a way to fix it? Since some time ago IĀ“m having this disruption in the default ESSA (A
281415675_826398295415461_581211487643399264_n
281591277_1026439957975172_7083046252140935658_n
282053185_502170075029049_5718017585259724934_n
rlanda-Stockholm) airportā€¦ :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Just loaded in.
I would not even noticed the issue If I was not spotting live traffic from drone :woozy_face:

Considering itĀ“s one of the most busiest airport in US, this topic is nearly 2y old with that issue not being fixed. :thinking:

4 Likes

Runway tears have been increasingly worse over the last few weeks. This causes the plane to crash during takeoff and landing quite frequently. Itā€™s almost unbearable at the moment. After getting the plane setup (20+ minutes), it crashes when it hits a tear in the runway, causing the plane to flip and subsequently crash.

A lot of wasted timeā€¦ :frowning:

2 Likes

I havenā€™t seen on of these in ages. Do you have an example airport?

The last happened today while taking off from KDAB. Yesterday was during TO at KSTL. Four days ago it was while landing at KPBI. Seven days ago it occured while landing at KCLE. I strictly fly the FBW 320 (DEV version).

I havenā€™t had any issues in a really long time so I wonder if itā€™s on my end, but I canā€™t understand why. I havenā€™t changed anything in my system in a really long time. Itā€™s really strangeā€¦