SABA (TNCS) has big rocks at the west end of the runway

Brief description of the issue: As title says

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
This is what it used to be in September 2020:

Today, I get this:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Just go to SABA (ICAO: TNCS)

Seeing the same. Also sure they werent that big previously.

No mods installed.

Update: Looked on Youtube for footage. Last one without the rocks was on Nov 20 https://youtu.be/ZK17NCaMYOk?t=162

Guess the USA update broke it. Could be related to scenery spikes too.

Let’s see if this is fixed in next week’s update.

Hi @RevampedSine732,
I can confirm this as well. They were not present when MSFS was released. Also rocks along the side of the runway. After this next update, let’s see if they are still there (although I do not think this update will correct it). If still present, file a bug report with Zendesk.

I’ve modified your topic title and post to reflect the ICAO code of TNCS.

Bing Image (no rocks - although I can see why the AI is adding them):

MSFS (20 January 2021):

Good I am not having a particular problem, as you confirm.
There is also a height difference between the apron and the runway, on the taxiway.
I don’t mind small changes, as long as it’s playable, but the rocks at the end of the runway is a major unwanted change. Tricky to land from that end with the Extra! Tricky in the best of times at SABA, trickier with the Extra, the trickiest with rocks at one end!

Yes, modify the title as needed so it’s better.

I thought at a handcrafted airport the AI wouldn’t play havoc.

The rocks at the end of runway 12 didn’t use to be that big, and they certainly weren’t embedded in the paving either. I’ve not checked this by eye, but my assumption that runway 12 is going slightly uphill, which makes sense. But the other day I watched this video, which upset my assumptions somewhat:

I thought of this too and that’s part of a challenge! The terminal and runway is hand done but the rocks look like AI. The fact that it was correct when MSFS was released and now it’s not, still indicates to me AI.

That’s a good video. I saw that around March this year. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good video. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I tried to change the terrain LOD to see what happens… NO change with terrain LOD 100 (before I had it at 140!

As for the taxiway between the runway and apron, I have this (changing the terrain LOD has no effect whatsoever):

even worse here:

2 Likes

I haven’t dared try that approach yet. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, something has changed at this airport. Let’s keep an eye on it after next 2 updates (World Update/UK and next patch). If this is still present, we need file a zendesk on it. Wonder how many others are similar that is used in challenges? That taxiway is a challenge now! ha :thinking:

I looked at an old backup, only the shapes.bgl has a diff size, but same results with old version. So not that.

1 Like

Do you get that taxiway valley? I didn’t check as I spawned on the runway.

Valley was there too. But I cant confirm if that was like that before. One can probably look at a few Youtube videos to check.

1 Like

Here is a video I made in September 2020: no problems:

1 Like

At around 3 minutes mark from video above, no valley

Note: According to the data, the road with the valley is not a marked taxiway.

I removed the only 5 mods I had in Community: NO CHANGE !

What I am surprised of is the few people who report a problem, as it is busy:

and I saw a few crashing in those rocks!

Wrong runway! :slight_smile:

Try 30, not 12, but in that plane, I’ll bet you can do it.

Hanging cliffs/rocks:

I am now uploading a video.

1 Like

I do land in both 12 and 30. In real life they usually land in 12 due to wind.

1 Like