Saitek Flight Panels

Vatsim users simconnect, vatsim is a partner, Asobo and Microsoft are well aware of Sim connect, I’m hoping for the 27th update to be the answer :pray::airplane:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. I´m aware about the FPS / SimConnect issue. But the impact at my system is rather low. Flying is still smooth.

As far as I understood in this thread is, that the panels work correctly regarding functionality when useing AxisandOhs. So I´m not talking about the Framedrop issue.

1 Like

This whole thread is about and started as the lack of drivers for these panels, we now have some great software like axis and ohs and it’s now around the Sim connect issue, that’s the core of this thread

3 Likes

Shall we open a new thread for help and questions with the SW Tool AxisandOhs?

2 Likes

Sounds good, it just keeps the threads on topic, and for newbies in these threads people won’t get confused as to the purpose of said thread, sounds good, then Oliver and others will be able to come in accordingly :+1::+1:

Ok opend up a topic dedicated to questions regarding axis and ohs:

Thanks all…

4 Likes

Microsoft/Asobo are aware of the Simconnect problem and want to fix it, Logitech on the other hand ignores the problem. Why bothering Microsoft when they are working on their part and leaving Logitech alone. I will spend my energy and leaving bad reviews for Logitech hardware everywhere I can and hoping for others to follow.

4 Likes

Save your energy my friend for great flying in this Sim, honestly it won’t change s thing and just make you feel more upset probably.

They aren’t engaging in any conversation so don’t waste your valuable time my friend :+1::airplane:

4 Likes

Hi all
You could prove one thing …
If someone has P3Dv4 or v5 and everything from saitek is working for them in the folder of C: \ Users \ Your Name \ AppData \ Roaming \ lockheed martin there will be an xml document called exe copying that document and putting it in the path of the new MSFS 2020 in this path c: \ Program Files \ WindowsApps \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.7.12.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe \ Input \ together with the Simconnect taken from this path C: \ Users \ username \ AppData \ Local \ Packages \ Microsoft.FlightSimulator_XXXXXXXXX \ LocalCache
I am away from home, I will try it when this arrives and several things to see if they work.
A greeting.

Simconnect is where the issue is, since MSFS went live it had issues, as others have mentioned that they must of changed something in the API and it’s not playing nice with stuttering etc, Asobo are aware of these issues :+1: which is the positive thing

4 Likes

We will wait for the modification of Simconnect …
Since having all the peripherals of Saitek stopped is a shame …

2 Likes

Honestly if Logitech doesn’t want to deal with drivers anymore. They really should make the drivers open source and let the community develop.

Maybe we should petition Logitech to do so?

Still don’t like seeing that response from Logitech.

3 Likes

It would make more sense, the gaming industry or the digital entertainment industry has a lot to answer for. Good people develop, work for companies which once started by developers who are gamers, who are passionate about creation of games, end up becoming too big and then the have company which started with good intentions ends up being run by surreal that are only interested in margin.

If logi were still owned by saitek the story would be very different

1 Like

Just watched a video of the Honeycomb developers demonstrating the upcoming Bravo throttle quadrant in a landing challenge with a 747, they indicate also that the lights are not working for the landing gear at this time in MFS2020 and are in communication with Microsoft. Seems this may be a sim side related issue perhaps?

3 Likes

I’ll still use x-plane for airliners, but will be using msfs for VHF general aviation stuff. I did get panels to work for now. I have multi and switch. I simply installed the SPAD.next trial. That lasts for 2 weeks. Then i’ll probably buy it if i continue to not having problems. Better to just purchase it being it’s pretty cheap and less frustrating than checking every day for new info. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

agree. save your energy. Logitech is everywhere. You’ll just build on your frustration as noted. Just figure out plan B. For me it was SPAD.Next.

1 Like

Lorby’s Axis and Ohs, available right here in this very thread, the Author Oliver also frequents the forums as well, very helpful, he has been so kind to remove the demo time limitation, the software also has Desktop FIPS and a new feature to test the polling rate to the sim, as you mentioned Anj, the whole thing is the simconnect API which all third party programs connect to, Asobo is aware of this. Vatsim for example is a partner and also connects through the same API.

5 Likes

What is the price of the Lorby application …? Thank you

1 Like

Cheaper!! :v:

2 Likes

Ok, so tried using it with the new 18hz setting, I could not change the 18hz it was stuck on that setting for me, the results were me sadly the same but again we know its the API, ill keep plugging away at getting other settings done in the sim, plenty for me to do right now!! Thanks either way Oliver :v: :v:

1 Like