Saitek Flight Panels

Expect strange things to happen. This is a new sim, and the gauges in the aircraft are using a new technology (HTML). Not all parameters are known at this point in time, since the MSFS SDK is not complete (it is at version 0.5 currently, so you could say it is about half way there…). So I wouldn’t put too much effort into remapping them. And expect updates to the app as the simulator development progresses.

But to be fair, the Saitek Panels are (IMHO) GA aircraft instruments, and that is where they work best.

On my computer, if I want to fly, I activate the three main screens in Surround mode and then zoom in so much that I don’t see the gauges, that is why I made the Desktop FIPs. I tend to only look at the external panels and the extra screen. (or that was the state before TIR became usable).

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

2 Likes

Ok, thanks Oliver, but in the case of the Autopilot White button on the panel, to turn the AP on I have to click the button in the sim itself to turn on the AP, as I said strangely it turns the white AP light on but if I click the white AP light on the panel it wont engage AP or disengage AP, my question is do I remap that or disregard the panel itself and use the sim button ?

1 Like

Personally I would leave them be, but you can of course try other events if you want. There may be some more complex logic behind this, that is not yet apparent (= other events triggered at the same time?). But I would not do that with the panel, use the button assignment logic instead - assign a keyboard combo or joystick buttons to the various autopilot events, and try it that way. That is way faster than going into the panel configuration every time. If you find a working event, then go into the panel config and assign it.

1 Like

Yep as I thought, now if I remap the AP on button for example can that assignment be global in your software, not just for the current aircraft ?

In the current implementation the assignments of events to panels are global, not specific to a plane. That option may be added later, if people request it.

1 Like

Ok delete reference now the AP is working on the panel by itself without the sim needing to be selected via mouse. im just going to leave things for now, thanks for all your help Oliver, at this stage I cannot run your software and Track IR, too much stuttering sadly but hopefully Asobo will fix the API ASAP, again cheers and thank you!!

1 Like

Strange indeed - I am in the 747 right now, and the Multi panel definitely works for me. I had to take off first (AP doesn’t engage on the ground) then select an autopilot mode(ALT → VS, HDG). After that, pressing the white button made it light up and engaged the AP in the plane too.

2 Likes

yes its odd, I used the knob to select to change ALT, VS, HDG and its like i need to activate them in the sim then they seem to work in the software, im going to try and restart!

Things like setting an ALT of FL 300 and it sitting on FL150 even though the yellow ALT button is selected etc, ill keep going with it, see how things look tomorrow!

1 Like

Try changing the pick-up rate of the knob. Tools → Saitek Panel Config → Multi Panel → Rotary Operation → Double click

2 Likes

Yep I think I needed to Arm before selecting buttons, I am a newbie after all, ill get there :slight_smile:

Thanks again Oliver :v:

1 Like

Just something to possibly think about Oliver but Ive worked out running a batch file will get things like this and my track Ir and Sim toolkit and Power grid etc to start with MSFS, is it possible to create the Desktop FIPS as a shortcut on its own, I’m only thinking this because multiple programs will need to start to properly run MSFS and the desktop FIPS will be one of those, just an idea if its not a difficult task!

1 Like

Not sure that I understand, could you clarify this? When you set AxisAndOhs up to connect automatically and to minimize automatically, the Desktop FIPs will just appear when you start the app with your batch file, and disappear when you shut down the simulator.

2 Likes

Hello @ll,

many thanks for your kind words!

Thank you, but no. I wish that was the case though :blush:

I doubt that very much. Lorby has been selling addons for a couple of years, and the market just isn’t what people think it is. It is more like… :zzz:

Thank you, glad that it worked out for you!

Sure thing.

Well - purchases of the app, should you like it, are appreciated too :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

2 Likes

I’ll just slide in here for a moment and do a 100-post-recap for new watchers of Game of Panels, season 8:

Official drivers available here:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024692354--Downloads-Flight-Multi-Panel
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024848713--Downloads-Flight-Instrument-Panel
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024693814--Downloads-Flight-Switch-Panel
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024698434--Downloads-Flight-Radio-Panel

They’re all the same file, så you only need to download it once, if you have additional products.

Be sure to start MSFS first and then use the Logitech driver shortcut on your desktop to get it to work. Allegedly this won’t be necessary the next time MSFS is updated.

Here’s a list of third party software

Don’t buy anything until you’ve tried the demo first!

10 Likes

Hey guys
I’m so annoyed that I only realised the Saitek/Logitech Switch panel doesn’t work AFTER spending 120 euros on the sim.

Microsoft - PLEASE fix this asap or I will return the simulator and get a refund.

Can any of you guys help me get JUST the Switch panel working? No digital displays etc, just the panel that has landing gear, magnetos, master switch etc.

I refuse the play the sim with bloody keyboard combinations. I’d rather get my 120 euros back from MS.

Disgusting they’d release the game so half-finished.

Thanks
Matt

2 Likes

Does the Lorby’s Axis and Ohs Add-on kill the FPS in FS2020?

I purchased and installed Logitech / Saitek Flight Instrument Panel Support Add-on by Thomas Computer Solution-FIM, but it dropped my FPS from an average of around 50 to 60 FPS all the way down to 10 to 15 FPS and eventually causes the simulator to freeze and crash every time.

Also this Thomas CS add-on didn’t even get my Saitek Multi Panel and Switch Panel to work. Prior to downloading and installing this add-on, my Saitek Panels wouldn’t light up and weren’t being recognized, and weren’t showing up in FS2020 Settings- Control set up. After installing this add-on, whenever I run FS2020, my Saitek Panels now light up when FS2020 first starts up, but the Panels still aren’t being recognized and don’t appear on FS2020 Controls set up window.

Even if the Thomas CS add-on got my Saitek Panels to be recognized and work on FS2020, I couldn’t use the add-on because of the huge drop in FPS and because it causes the simulator to freeze and crash.

I did download another 3rd party software that fixed the LED lights and displays on my Saitek Multi Panel and Switch Panel. At least now whenever I can get FS2020 to recognize my Saitek Panels, all the LED lights will work. Apparently the Logitech drivers for these panels don’t tell Windows to provide enough power to light up the LEDs. Probably because Logitech hasn’t update the drivers since September 2018. Anyway, some people found a manual fix where you have to manually edit your Windows registry to change to power levels that Windows send to the Panels.

The 3rd party software that I found and downloaded for free, makes the registry changes automatically. So my Panels light up now whenever use the Logitech Panel test app, but the Panels weren’t lighting up whenever I launched FS2020. Now because of the Thomas CS add on, my Panels light up when I start FS2020, but the still aren’t being recognized and aren’t showing up in Control settings and the Thomas CS add on makes FS2020 unplayable.

1 Like

You can try any of the suggestions in the post above yours. Try DCS Flightpanels, you’ll have to bind the keys yourself, but you won’t experience performance issues. You’ll lose the gear lights though. There’s just no perfect solution yet.

Please consider petitioning Microsoft to fix SimConnect so that you can use your panel with all features and no performance issues, if you haven’t done so already :+1:

Probably. Read why here. Ask Microsoft to please fix SimConnect if you haven’t done so already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello @ll,

while waiting for the SimConnect fix, I have decided to add a SimConnect refresh rate control to AxisAndOhs. Turning it down will help with the stutters, but it will slow down the Saitek panels too, to the point where they may become unusable.

Anybody willing to try that, please shoot me a message here in the forum.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

4 Likes

Guys don’t waste your money on the Thomas CS solution. It will destroy your FPS so much that the simulator will freeze and crash and be totally unplayable. It happened to me and I’m running pretty high end gaming PC that was average 40 to 60 FPS In FS2020 depending on what’s happening in the simulator. As soon as I ran Thomas CS in the background, my FPS dropped to 5 to 15 FPS and the simulator froze and crashed constantly. Also, the Thomas CS didn’t even fix the issue. My Saitek Panels still aren’t being recognized by FS2020 even with the Thomas add-on running.

I’m gonna try some of these other free add-ons listed above and see if they don’t kill my FPS as much. Doesn’t hurt to try since they are free;

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the fast reply. I’ll check out that DCS software.
Does anyone have a bindings file already? If not I’ll try to make one and share

2 Likes