Saitek Flight Panels

ill give it a go and will feedback if you like.

1 Like

YES !!!

I will try tonight in 18hours from now when I get back, which is 2300 ACST, absolutely Oliver my stutters arent good with Track IR working as well, despite having Hardware worthy of SpaceX

Go with Lorbys software mate, 100%

1 Like

I’m found this posted on the FSE website on August 18th:
Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
NOTE: As of August 18, 2020, a new version of the SimConnect client is being developed and updated for the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. This is changing hourly/daily as we develop/test/refine/and test again. The most current version and instructions can be found in the FSE Community Forums.

3 Likes

I’m ready to test this simconnect fix since I already use P3D addonorganizer and Firefighter X from you !

• Does it work with 2 Saitek radio panel ? 1 was not enough.
  • I also use Goflight LGTII and MCP PRO with GFIT addon, it might create another conflict, I’m ready to test.
  • I also use a usb EFIS and remote FMS on ipad from Virtual Avionics (Not compatible with FS2020 yet)

— >>> Thanks again Oliver for the hard work <<< —

Cheers,

1 Like

Hello @ll,

I have updated the demo version on the PRODUCTS page of the lorby-si website to build 1.57 b06. (It says “demo” but the MSFS variant is actually still unlocked and unlimited.)

When you go to the “Tools” menu, open the “Saitek panel config”. At the bottom there is a numerical field where you can change the SimConnect refresh rate using the mouse wheel. Default is 18Hz, try setting it lower, like 10 or even 5 (a value of 1 means that there is one refresh per second). It is best to do this when the sim is not running. MSFS really doesn’t like it when you mess (=connect or disconnect) with the USB devices, even when it is only through software. I think that there may be some trouble lurking in the way that MSFS detects USB controllers - it would be nice if one could just turn that off when using an external app, so the sim wouldn’t crash. Or change the logic so MSFS only does that scan once, on startup (like the old sims did?).

To be honest, I don’t think that this has much of an effect. It is just an experiment. Depending on the results I could add adaptive refresh rate logic too. We’ll see.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

7 Likes

1am now. will do and feedback tomorrow.

Awesome work Oliver, I will test when I get home late this evening and give you some feedback based on findings, when I tested last night as we discussed the a320 doesn’t seem to work properly with the panels but the 747 was pretty good.

The moment I added in the track ir the stuttering was worse like a constant polling rate and the sim wasn’t really flyable let’s be fair and again I got hardware worthy of space x.

Track ir eventually crashed in the sim where it was not operable but it was still working within the track ir software the sim even without track ir wasn’t good and as discussed due to the simconnect API.

Either way I’ll try different rates and see if I find a sweet spot, I will do it with the track ir because I will be flying with that regardless :+1::+1:

1 Like

That is promising news shadow :+1::+1:

1 Like

Man, I’m new to these types of games and spent almost 800€ to buy all this stuff without better knowledge. I think i speak for most of us here when i say, Thank you. You are trying everything to help people like me, a newcomer, to understand how these things work and go all your way to update your program just to help us test things and ease our pain a little bit. So, again, thank you! P.S. Not a native English speaker so i apologize if there’s any grammatical errors.

4 Likes

Yep Lorby is definitely the hero here considering Logitech couldn’t give a brass razoo and Asobo I’m sure are quite snowed under but are aware so a humble dev like Lorby (Oliver) is doing all he can and the additional fact of the Desktop Instruments is a godsend to me as well, so Ollie mate I gotta say if you were in OZ I’d buy you a Pint at the local :+1:

Really looking at the sim there is sooo much that can be done to improve it and I don’t want that to sound negative at all but things like creating custom external camera views, removal of the instruments in external camera view etc etc.

Thanks to Oliver I can have my instruments on a second monitor and really focus on getting a lot of great streams using nice external views etc, that’s exciting stuff :airplane::airplane:

5 Likes

Thanks @LorbySI for the work done and providing app for free for now!
It seems to work my side but still some strange behavior in some aircraft

However the gear light of the switch panel stays dark, is there someting to activate it (in th app I just do “connect” and activate Saitek panels)

Many thanks again!

2 Likes

The Gear indicators will be dark if the aircraft doesn’t have retractable gear, eg Cessna 152, it works with others that have retractable landing gear.
Hope this helps.

1 Like

I was in the A320 and no light is shown.
Just tried the VL-3, same, no lights.
However controls are working, that’s why I definitely missed something to get lights on

1 Like

Please make sure that “Ignore sim electrical power” in the “Tools” menu is enabled.

1 Like

Thanks

Just enabled it but lights stays dark (in VL-3 currently)

1 Like

Strange. Did you disable Windows Enhanced Power Management for the panel?

2 Likes

@LorbySI I may need some help here to locate where to check that param sorry :frowning:

EDIT: Is this part of Axis and Ohs menus or somewhere in windows Parma’s?
When I use the Saitek test app, leds are turning on so at least I know they are working fine

1 Like

Hi there,

I have 2 small questions regarding this great little peace of Software (axisandohs) :

I just installed axisandohs (the demo version) and basically the Panels work and are detected by the SW Tool.

First topic regarding the rotary knobs:

When I use the rotary knobs to tune in a frequency or an altitude it jumps over the numbers and it is not possible to select the exact numbers. Is there a possibility to adjust the sensivity?
Update after edit:
In the XPDR Mode on the radio panel it changes both values at the same time regardles in which display I am.

Second topic regarding the switch panel:
With the Switch Panel only the Magneto Switch and the Gear lever work.
I allready tried the single click and double click option and played around with the update frequency.
The Power Management for the Panels is switched of.
The assignment of the switches look correct.

Did I miss some other settings?

Thanks in advance and many thanks @LorbySI for this great workaround solution.

2 Likes

I recommend everyone check out this thread dedicated specifically to SimConnect if you haven’t done so already:

The list of affected software is long:

2 Likes