Saitek Flight Panels

Try changing the rotary encoder action, that affects the trim wheel too. (Tools->Saitek Panel Config)

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

It’s not to bad on fps. But it stutters for me. I can wait for a fix.

1 Like

Official drivers available here:

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024692354--Downloads-Flight-Multi-Panel
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024848713--Downloads-Flight-Instrument-Panel
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024693814--Downloads-Flight-Switch-Panel
https://support.logi.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360024698434--Downloads-Flight-Radio-Panel

They’re all the same file, sĂ„ you only need to download it once, if you have additional products.

Be sure to start MSFS first and then use the Logitech driver shortcut on your desktop to get it to work. Allegedly this won’t be necessary the next time MSFS is updated.

Here’s a list of third party software

Don’t buy anything until you’ve tried the demo first!

9 Likes

Nice work Alien, buy you a virtual Pint if I could :v: :grin: :beer:

4 Likes

Check out Logitech’s response over on thsi community forum thread, I was about to spit out my coffee this morning when I read this. Nick Christian posted this like 6 hours ago at the time of this writing.

Logitech logo
Hazel (Logi)
25 Aug 2020, 20:52 GMT-7

Dear Nick​,

Thank you for contacting Logitech! My name is Hazel and I will be helping you with any issues you have today. I understand you would like assistance with Microsoft Flight Sim on when will be the drivers be released. I am happy to help with anything you need.

Also, we’d like to apologize for the delayed response to your email ticket and we have been experiencing a higher than usual volume of email requests.

As of the moment, a plugin or fix for the MS Flight Sim 2020 is not available. Due to unforeseen changes between the Alpha and final versions of Flight Simulator, updated support for all the Flight Panels has been delayed until September.

We will make sure to follow up with this concern to our appropriate team.

Again, thank you and stay safe.

Link to Logitech community thread.

At least it’s something I suppose

So Logitech just meme’d, so When ya gotta meme, YA GOTTA MEME! right?

LogitechGuk

ME

3 Likes

They all seem to be just spouting the “Party Line”. LOL

Well done people for putting pressure on Logitech it seems to be working. However keep up the pressure because so far it has only been platitudes and nothing of any substance as to what they are doing to fix it. So far the response has been that it is someone else that has caused the problem i.e. “Due to unforeseen changes between the alpha and the final release” . They have deflected responsibility and have failed miserably in taking ownership of what is their product and their responsibility to their customers, who have swelled their coffers quite substantially.

I seem to recall that when the first world war started it was said that it would be over by Christmas, likewise with the second world war. Right now I am not holding my breath.

Keep on keeping on

Is there more to it than simply treating these Flight Pro panels like joysticks are treated? I’ve had an X-55 for years and FS 2020 detects and uses it just fine? Aren’t these panels largely just buttons, switches and sliders like the joysticks have? They should appear in Windows’ game controller Control Panel straight away. Maybe the Radio panel is treated differently because that’s got a numeric display and not just buttons and switches.

They should open-source the controlling software and let the community do a better job of maintaining the drivers.

not exactly the same; they do have data back from the sim to the panel itself, like com freq, altitude, speed, or the landing gear status

1 Like

FYI FOLKS
MY ZENDESK REPLY
I KNOW WE ALL KNOW ABOUT THIS BUT GOOD TO SEE IT IN WRITING !!!

Support (Microsoft Flight Simulator)

Aug 26, 2020, 6:21 PM GMT+2

Hi SirMaxxi,

Thank you for your report.

We are aware about this issue and we are actively working on it.

Simconnect:

We are aware of an issue where using Simconnect is causing stutters and performance issues. We’ll keep you updated.

1 Like

I too am sitting on 3 Saitek panels that don’t work. Very disappointed.

I emailed Logitech about support for Saitek Panels and got this in response

“Due to unforseen changes between the Alpha and final versions of Flight Simulator, updated support for the Flight Panels has been delayed until September”.

I then pressed her (Carmel) to confirm that they are working on the issue and she replied with

“Yes. You can send us a follow up so we can send you an update if there’s already plugins available for MFS2020. Currently there’s no more information provided aside from the email we sent previously”.

There’s light at the end of the tunnel.

1 Like

like everyone else following my ticket with Logitech FR, I received my little answer very copy / paste (I leave in the original language) :wink:

Merci d’avoir contactĂ© Logitech! Je m’appelle Alyzza et je vais vous aider avec tous les problĂšmes que vous rencontrez aujourd’hui. Je comprends que vous souhaitez obtenir de l’aide avec votre Flight Multi Panel. Je suis heureux de vous aider avec tout ce dont vous avez besoin.

Un plug-in Logitech spĂ©cifique au jeu en cours de lecture est utilisĂ© pour la communication de ces panneaux. Pour le moment, un plugin pour le MS Flight Sim 2020 n’est pas disponible. En raison de changements imprĂ©vus entre les versions Alpha et finale de Flight Simulator, la mise Ă  jour de la prise en charge des panneaux de vol a Ă©tĂ© retardĂ©e jusqu’en septembre. Nous veillerons Ă  faire le suivi de cette prĂ©occupation Ă  notre Ă©quipe appropriĂ©e.

1 Like

I had the same issue but it resolved after I did a disconnected the app from the sim and reconnected

So far I’m really enjoying SPAD.neXt for my Logitech devices, will keep everybody updated.

1 Like

It cut 10fps from my sim, and made it stutter more than a kid in a strip club.

But yes, my Logitech panels worked.

1 Like

LorbyAxisAndOhs_MSFS.exe makes my Saitek Multi-Panel works with all its functionalities. But it induces some uncomfortable stuttering and the pitch-trim wheel is pretty much unusable due the input lag. I tried to change the refresh-frequency in the Lorby’s interface but it’s when I get rid of stuttering the panel’s rotary turns almost useless. By other hand it’s said it’s not a Lorby’s software issue side but the MSFS-2020 plug-in thing.

Thanks Lorby for the software even so, at least I can automate some autopilot control without trying to click on the knobs on the screen which is almost impossible using trackir unless I pause it.

It’s SimConnect which is broken.

1 Like

This is my first time with Pro Flight panels. I have a switch and Radio panel. Can anyone confirm what I should expect from the Radio panel when I plug it into my PC while not in FS 2020? Should the LED display come on as soon as it’s getting power from the USB port or do the displays only light up when it’s getting data from whatever SimConnect it finds itself connected to while in FSX or FS 2020?

Spad.next trial version detects them both and using the controls shows things are being detected but this blank radio display screen has me concerned that Windows 10 USB detection is not working.