Saitek Flight Panels

Logitech is getting real friendly :grin:

I guess @SirMaxxi’s twitter page is their official communication channel now.

4 Likes

:grin: Gosh mate I am just happy they have responded, such a plus for this community and maybe they have actually listened!

1 Like

What do you expect? Almost all of their flight sim peripheral stuff is sold out world wide so they can’t ignore making drivers for that expensive stuff.
Logitech knows exactly what consequences it will have if they did this

1 Like

Got the same response from a private message on Facebook from Logitech UK

4 Likes

“Unforeseen” changes between the Alpha and the release version? That is incredibly concerning and tells me Microsoft/Asobo did a poor job coordinating the development of the SDK with 3rd parties.

Any SimConnect app I have tried xPilot and Pilot2ATC that both use SimConnect drastically reduce FPS. This is a known and admitted issue with SimConnect at the moment.

I’m going to try SPADNext and see if it works and what the performance is like.

Not sure - I think that if there are so many FIPs, they will update really slowly. There are other tool better suited for this.

Best regards
Oliver Binder
Lorby-SI

1 Like

Slowness is not important to me. I want visuality. I liked your software so much. Can you do that for me ?

1 Like

I resently bought the Logitech Multipanel, I allso found out that it’s not working.
I made a telephone call to Logitech and the employee did not hear about this problem before!? He reccomended me to write a mail to the support desk.
It didn’t feel right so i dicided to returne the product to wait a little bit longer untill the right plugins are available.
Too bad!:frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, they were woefully unprepared for this and slow to action. Let’s hope they do a good enough job that you’ll want to buy them again :slight_smile:

Yes i hope so

I am using the radio panel and the demo of AxisAndOhs. The frequencies and even DME work however the swap buttons are not working. Am I the only one with this issue?

1 Like

I downloaded the trial of SPAD.neXt (Simulation Panel Advanced Drivers: neXt Generation) and it “works” for the radio panel. And should work for all other former Saitek devices AFAIK.

I say “works” because right now there is a bug with SimConnect that is being worked on by Asobo/MS.

I know its less than ideal if Logitech does not release drivers. But it does give additional functionality as well. If there are no new Logitech drivers by the time the SimConnect issue is fixed ill be getting SPAD.neXt.

24 Aug 2020

MS Flightsimulator launch discount extended

2020-08-24

by Ulrich Strauss

(comments: 0)

Since MS Flightsimultor release version has serve problems (FPS drops/stutters) with tools connecting to it via simconect (this includes SPAD.neXt), the launch discount of 25% will be extended until those issues have been addressed by Microsoft/Asobo.

Also, 14-day trials of SPAD.neXt will be extended until then. If your trial expired before the issue is fixed please open a ticket or contact us on the SPAD.neXt Discord (SPAD.neXt) for instructions how to receive a new trial license.

PilotEdge
@pilotedgeATC

Asobo has acknowledged the FPS issue associated with SimConnect applications (this includes PilotEdge) and is working on it. We will release the FS2020 pilot client for PilotEdge as soon as this is resolved.

@AsoboStudio

1 Like

Not sold out in my country! But very good they respond

Maybe thsi si not the right thread but please point me the right way if not.

First of all thanks Oliver (Lorby) for the support and the great job with Axis and Ohs

So my porblem right now is with my multipanel and the trim wheel. It moves really slow on the sim, is there a way to modify to make it move faster? Right now I am using buttons to trim up/down.

Thanks

SOME PROGRESS AT LOGITECH

I received a reply to the ticket I created with Logitech on this matter. Here is a portion of the email

''A Logitech plug-in specific to the game being played is used for communication for these panels/devices. As of the moment, a plugin for the MS Flight Sim 2020 is not available. Due to unforeseen changes between the Alpha and final versions of Flight Simulators, updated support for the Flight Devices has been delayed until September. We will make sure to follow up with this concern to our appropriate team.
For future reference, your ticket number for this issue is XXXXXXX and you can reference it should you have any further questions regarding this case.

​Best regards,
Patricia Isabel
Logitech Customer Support’’

So, expect the drivers in November, maybe
 fingers crossed

3 Likes

Right in time with everything else that’s been delayed!

Thanks for sharing, but Im not going to buy more Logitech stuff. HoneyComb is overtaking Logitech with their new Yoke & Throttle because they work previously to make it compatible with FS2020.
As soon as I receive my new Yoke & Throttle, I will sell the Saitek Yoke, Throttle, 3 flight instrument panels, radio panel & switch panel. A lot of money that I’ve invested and it have never worked properly.
In the other hand, you can make them work with SPAD.next, that is a 3rd party app that take all the Logitech peripherals into life. The app has a free trial period of 14 days, then you can buy for $25. But, what the hell, why I have to spent some money to make it works when it’s a Logitech matter. They sell a product, they must bring us the software to make them works.

Yeah Lance I got the same, they are definitely Copying and Pasting now:

Patricia Isabel (Logi)

Aug 25, 2020, 2:28 PM PDT

Thank you for contacting Logitech! My name is Patricia Isabel from the Gaming Team and I hope this email finds you well. We do apologize for the delay due to high volume of emails.

A Logitech plug-in specific to the game being played is used for communication for these panels/devices. As of the moment, a plugin for the MS Flight Sim 2020 is not available. Due to unforeseen changes between the Alpha and final versions of Flight Simulators, updated support for the Flight Devices has been delayed until September. We will make sure to follow up with this concern to our appropriate team.

For future reference, your ticket number for this issue is XXXXXXX​ and you can reference it should you have any further questions regarding this case.

​Best regards,
Patricia Isabel
Logitech Customer Support

Please feel free to respond to this email.

Thank you,
Logitech Support

1 Like

Oh, but it is. When your FIPs only update every two seconds, that will annoy you.

There is nothing for me to do, there is no technical limitation. Just plug the FIPs into your computer and see if they work.

Best regards
Oliver BInder
Lorby-SI