Saitek Rudder Pedal brake axis

I seem to be having an axis problem with my saitek rudder pedals. It’s supposed to be a relatively linear curve, however I barely press the toe brake and it automatically jumps to 50%. I can’t seem to find a way around this and I don’t think it’s been an issue in the past. It makes braking while taxiing almost unbearable because it slams on the brake each time I touch it. I attached screenshots

As you can see, the middle with the little white dot is essentially the start point with the slightest touch. This is more than 50% braking as far as I can tell. It should be starting in the bottom left and following a linear line to top right.

Any help would be appreciated

2 Likes

Here are my sensitivity settings for the brakes axis (L-AXIS-X and L-AXIS-Y) on my Saitek rudder pedals. I have very smooth and easy control of braking action with this. You may try and see if it fits your need.

Best regards.

3 Likes

Thanks i’ll give it a try :crossed_fingers:

Hi there,
I moved your post into the Peripherals section.

Any fix? I am having the same issue.

1 Like

I set my sensitivity- sliders to about -52 and it’s a lot better that way.

Having the same issue! Non linear axis movement - jumps straight up to 50% and then becomes linear.
Not a sensitivity or deadzone issue…

3 Likes

Hi,

I have this problem too, using TM TPR and as soon as press the toe brakes its 50% and linear from then on. Has anyone come up with a solution? I’ve tried calibration in the game devices section and such but the white dot starts half way for me and I can’t seem to get it to start in the bottom left.

1 Like

Hey,

just put my setup up after a long time again and im having this exact problem. Bit frustrating not finding an solution to this xD

The GOTY edition broke my toe brakes (Saitek Rudder Pedals) and now once again the axis is treating as self centering when it supposed to be a slider. There is nothing that I could find in the settings to fix this. That means that when my toe brake is not pressed (0%), the sim sees the brakes as fully engaged. At 50% pressed (halfway in) the sim sees the brakes as released, and at 100% the sim sees it as engaged.

The quality control at Asobo leaves a lot to be desired. I also now manually have to engage my TrackIR in sim every time I start up MSFS.

Does anyone have a fix for the toe brake axis issue please?

• Calibrate all rudder axes in Windows
  • Verify you’re using the right binding.
  • Invert the axis by checking the box in Controllers options.
  • Set sensitivity if needed.

The exact same thing sometimes happens to the saitek throttle and is fixed by deleting two entries from the registry. I guess the same fix can be applied here

Anyone still having problems with Saitek/Logitech stuff, it really is worth investing in FSUIPC paid version.

Not only does it allow perfect calibration of all my gear … Yoke and Throttle, 2nd Throttle and X52 Pro all simultaneously attached, it allows you to save different profiles for each aircraft which load automatically.

Just my 2 … :grin:

N/B if you do use FSUIPC, you need to create a custom profile in MSFS… for each device, which gives you a blank profile… essentially removing all the presets, and ensure those profiles are always active. Otherwise you will have conflicts, obs.

1 Like

I checked again and all the other aircraft work perfectly. The toe-brakes on the Cessna 172 models act as sliders and worked as before. This problem seems to be isolated to the F-18 model only.

To @PlumbGlue67 : Thanks for the response but I don’t think you understand the issue I am having. The issue is not with setting up the controller in the controls menu (there it reacts correctly), the problem is that the sim itself is interpreting the inputs incorrectly and is likely due to the sim expecting a self centering axis for the F-18 to control the toe brakes when the input is a slider (which it should be).

Yes, FSUIPC have overcome many controller issues over the years as a result of the development team not being around to fix the issues in FSX. After flying the F-18 for the first time yesterday it finally dawned on me how little effort Asobo is investing in flight modelling in what is supposed to be the ultimate flight simulation on the market. They couldn’t even bother to get the basic fly-by-wire principles right in the F-18 which is that it tries to maintain 1G pitch acceleration at all angles of bank (with neutral controls). This oversight makes the F-18 essentially a toy with a nice 3D model.

After flying the F-18 for 5 minutes I took my hands off the controllers and closed the application. I am contemplating uninstalling MSFS at the moment as I have wasted hours upon hours trying to get things to work as they should, only to realise the developers have messed something up in a previous update. It takes my days to download new updates and I experience loads of crashes trying to update content through the content manager, every time.

I have had enough. I will stick with X-Plane where everything works and at least the flight modelling doesn’t feel like cheating all the time.

And how should I do it if you didn’t give correct infos ?

But in the post I answered to you described it as a general toe-brakes problem, not limited at one plane.
In France we used to say “If people don’t understand what I say, I have to explain better”.
CQFD

Thanks for your response. In my original post I did mention the problem to be a slider axis that is behaving like a self-centering axis. The solution you provided would have made no difference as the problem is likely a bug with MSFS as usual.

I appreciate the time you took to respond and I probably should have gone into more detail there but I only discovered that it was related to the F-18 only after I posted.

I’m having the same problem with my Thrustmaster rudder pedals. Both brake axis start right in the middle at 50%, so brakes are always seen as half-pressed!!

How can I fix this??

When not pressed:

When both fully pressed:

1 Like

Finally, I uninstalled the Thrustmaster drivers, and with the Windows default drivers and after fiddling again in the calibration (under USB Game Controllers), I was able to make it recognized as one full axis by MSFS. Don’t ask me exactly how, I’m not so sure.

I found this very helpful for any future problems. Thanks to the user BipodNoob on reddit.

This exact issue has been driving me mad. Try installing the “ADVANCED CALIBRATION SOFTWARE” from here which is for the TRJ-12 USB adapter that comes with the pedals. It seems to finally make the OS (and MSFS) believe that the brake pedals are actually centered when not pressed. Hope this helps you.

Make sure you click “set center” and “apply”. Unplug as instructed and re-plug. My axis no longer start at 50%

1 Like

Hello, I was wondering if you had found a solution. I have had this exact problem since the beginning. I am thinking maybe I should change my rudder.

Thanks
Zd