Saitek Throttle Quadrant magnetic detents with 3d printed holders for flaps or throttles - tactile feedback when wearing VR headset

Magnetic dentents for the Saitek Throttle Quadrant allowing to “feel” the flap or throttle lever position/detents when wearing the VR headset.

1 Like

And here the throttle with detents in the full cockpit (Aerosoft CRJ):

• Hoynecomb Alpha Yoke
  • CH Rudder Pedals
  • 2x Saitek Throttle Quadrant with magnetic detents for “blind” operation when wearing VR headset
  • DIY panel based on LeoBodnar Board
  • 2x Behringer X-Touch Mini (MIDI)
    • autpilot panel + EICAS control panel
    • lower pedestal including left RTU
  • Novation Launchpad Mini MK II (MIDI) - CDU

All knobs, buttons, switches, axes assigned via Axis and Ohs, which also natively supports MIDI devices and allows voice control (e.g. for enabling speed, nav and autopilot during take-off).

Main benefits:

• I can fly in Reverb G2 VR headset without using a mouse (I need it only for EFB/Dave and ocassionally for toolbar - e.g. initiating pushback) - my mouse is free to operate applications on the Windows desktop which I bring with me to VR (Pilot2ATC, Navigraph, PDF files - manuals, checklist, flight plan from SimBrief)
  • entire cockpit can be assembled/disassebled in 5 min
  • only one panel required DIY work, all the rest utilizes existing devices (MIDI stuff from e-bay).

P.S.
Canon printer is not part of the cockpit :wink:

1 Like

if you send me your 3d Print stl file?

3d models for magnetic detent holders and pictures here: Dropbox - Saitek throttle magnetic detents - Simplify your life
Follow also the link to cockpit builders forum in my original post for some instructions.

many thx
Do you have a trim stl for me?
on your pic you have a trim on your saitek Quadrant
Pls send too ok?

What you mean by trim? I have 3D printed:

speedbrakes and flaps levers (you may need to edit it, as the original model may have the lever walls too thin):

throttle levers:

The gear lever is made from toy wheel (Fischer Technik), no 3D print.

There is no trim lever on my quadrant, like in real CRJ plane.

oh ok thx
Thats was the answer

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.