Saitek Throttle Quadrant Problem

Do you have a single 3 lever throttle or two 3 lever throttles?

I had this issue. I found the fix on another forum. I deleted something from the registry and remapped it. Voila.

I’ll see if I can find those instructions.

This is what fixed it for me…

1 Like

Hi, I had the same problem with Saitek Pro Flight Throttle quadrant. Throthle, Mixture and Prop move from 0 to 50 and 50 to 100. I tried many thing, including checking assigments, but nothing seems to fix the problem.

I was finablly able to fix by doing the following:

1. Unplug your Sitek devices from your computer by disconnecting the USB cables from your computer
  2. Remove all Saitek drivers
  3. Search the USB value of your devices by opening “Printers and devices” from your Control Panel. Right click on your Flight Yoke System->Properties->Hardware (Select the USB one)->Properties->Details->look for the “Access Route value” and take note of the values. Mine is USB\VID_06A3&PID_0BAC
    **** Be careful with this step as you’ll edit your registry values and system may became unstable or you could even break it !!! *****
  4. Open Regedit.exe (press Widnows key +R and type regedit.exe), search for Saitek keyword and remove all entries with Saitek values you noted in point 2
  5. Restart windows
  6. Reconnect all devices and reinstall drivers
  7. Start FS 2020. Go to Controller and check the Sentitivity for each one of the Axis. They should be fine by now.

Hope this helps.
Gaston

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Saitek Throttle Quadrant Problem:

Thanks Gaston, I’ll print out your procedure and give it a go, carefully!
Kind Regards.
Dave M.

Good luck @PeakShelf934269! hope this works for you as it’s a pain in the neck and a real frustration not having your hardware working properly. Let me know the outcome of your fix.
Gaston

Hi,

There is some good advice here in this thread.
If however, you still cannot ‘fix’ your problem, go to this thread:

This is probably the ‘main’ thread for all things Saitek [yoke, panels, FIP’s, quadrants etc].
It’s a long thread so a bit of a read, but the answer you’re looking for is likely in there somewhere!

Good luck.

Hello pilots!!!
After many & many tests, may be, i found a temporary issue.
I advice you try this settings on my picture link below & share your comments.
Enjoy your flights.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 25_10_2021 18_37_29|690x388

Yup i have Saitek Pro Quadrant i swap the default “Throttle Axis” by “Throttle 1 Axis” & it’s work but when i start to fly the R44 or H125 or some 3rd Party aircraft my throttle slider comes alive, or be effective from 50% - up. I’d veryfied the calibration settings on control panel & in the Sim on sentitivity & the virtual sliders work 1:1 with my quadrant the issue is only when im in the heli about to fly, & i have to deactivate the “Reverse Axis” too because once the throttle is in idle the collective is raised to 100%. I know this forum is only for the RSP Projects but with the F-35 in the same thing the default profile doesn’t work and the “Throttle 1 Axis” keep in the same issue. The only planes that’s work with default profile is the official ones in 1:1 ratio!. I dont know how to fix this!!

I had a rather radical fix to my problem. My computer completely crashed and I couldn’t even launch windows, the whole thing was dead. I gave the computer to a mate who knows a lot about computers and it flummoxed him too. He knew of a chap who had worked in computers for years and was by all accounts a computer wizard. He had quite a lot of trouble. He told me that all the windows software had disappeared and the Bios had to be updated. To make a long story short, he fixed it and when I had it back I had to reload all my software including MSFS 2020. To my delight, my throttle quadrant work perfectly and has done ever since.

I have a similar problem, with two 3-lever quadrants mapped for twin engine aircraft. The first quadrant works fine, but the second operates the fuel flow levers only between the physical 50-100% positions of the controller (giving full travel but double the rate in the sim).

It’s odd because they are calibrated correctly in the Windows game controller setup AND show as operating correctly in the controller assignment page within the sim.

In X-plane11 everything also works fine; it seems to be a MSFS issue and is very frustrating!

Any ideas?

I have the same problem…jumps from 0 to 50 to 100%.

Checked the calibration in windows…all good

Checked the functionality in X-Plane…all good.

The only place it DOESN’T work is MSFS.

I really hope someone smarter than me can find a solution ‘cause right now the thing’s just a paper-weight.

2 Likes

Is this similar to what you experienced?

Maybe. Looks like it but I’ve never flown using it.

I checked it in the control options.

When I move the lever it literally jumps (fast!) from 0 to 100%…if I try I can get it to jump to 50% and then to 100 with some fiddling.

There does not seem to be a smooth transition in between.
For example I cannot set it to 30 or 75%

Only in MSFS. no where else

The quad is plugged into the yoke and is part of the Saitek Pro Yoke system with a PS2 (?) looking plug.

My other Saitek quad, the one that works perfectly, is USB and plugs into the PC.

Serious recommendation; get SpadNext.
VERY worth it. Will sort all your Saitek control problems out.

1 Like

Joyless Tunic738 Not quite the same, mine would return to the desktop and I would have to completely reboot MSFS. Apparently one cause cold be addon software in your community folder. I still have the problem, but it accurse much less frequently now.

Not quite the same for me, either. Both quadrants operate and appear normal in the Windows calibration and the sim settings. Both quadrants also have identical sensitivity settings in the sim.

But the two levers on the right operate the corresponding levers in the sim only when they are above 50% travel. It’s smooth but, if you can imagine, they begin to work only once they reach half way!

It used to be only the last lever that displayed this odd behavior, but now the one next to it has also started. In all other sims they are fine. Grrrrr!

Works every where except MSFS.

Go figger.
Buggier than a picnic in the woods……

1 Like

Ok, so I’ve solved my problem.

My Saitek “mixture” levers (last two on the right of the second quadrant) were set up in the sim as Mixture 1 (0% to100%) and Mixture 2 (0% to 100%), respectively. However, there is another option of (-100% to +100%) for both, and changing to this alternate option corrected this issue.

Hope this helps somebody!

After trying all suggestions, this is what finally fixed it for me.

https://heusinkveld.com/download-diview/