Salty 747 - Problems with ILS

Hi there,

I’ve been trying to do ILS landing with the Salty 747-8 mod, but for some reason it won’t follow the localizers or glideslopes.

I set up my ILS either manually or by selecting a runway via the arrival airport. I can see the LOC and GS on my PFD, the identifiers are correct, I press the localizer button and nothing happens. I press the approach button, still nothing happens. Even when I cross the localizer or glideslope, the aircraft won’t react to it and keep on flying straight.

Am I missing something?

I’ll try and make a video of it and upload it.

I’ve been able to land IFR with the salty mod.

Actually, LNAV doesn’t seem to work either. I planned my route in the FMC, take-off, turn on autopilot and turn on Heading Hold to hold runway heading and then activate LNAV. Nothing happens. Aircraft just stays on heading hold mode.

Actually, scratch the LNAV issue. That now seems to work suddenly. Just took a long time to activate or something. I decided I’d do the navigation manually by just adjusting heading hold to follow the flight path, and after a while LNAV suddenly just took over.

I believe you need to be close to your flight plan track before GPS/LNAV will engage. So you probably manually vectored yourself close enough to switch from armed to active.

I’ve been able to fly ILS approaches recently. The video would help. It sounds like you did confirm the ILS in the RADNAV screen? Also try a second airport in case the nav data is incorrect for the one you have chosen. Wouldn’t be the first time the nav data was just flat out wrong in MSFS…

The one confirmed issue with approaches on Salty is a stall prevention action kicking in causing you to pitch down on final. It’s activating in error and they’re working on fixing it. So you need to stay a little fast on approaches to avoid it for now.