Salty B747 - Flight plan issues

Hi, is it a common issue that the Salty B747 (v.0.2.1) doesn’t follow air-routes? I can implement them into the FMS. They will be accepted in the route-page, however, in the leg-page it’s always a direct connection to the end-waypoint of the route, no waypoints in between. That’s strange…

Yes, I’ve noticed that.
If you look at a flight plan generated by (for example simbrief) flight planner software, you will note that even though an airway may be listed in a plan, all that airways waypoints are also there.
When loaded in the sim, even though the flight plan shows the airway number, each waypoint is listed in both the route and legs pages.
It seems that airways do not play a role in this FMC’s programming, only the waypoints.

So is it possible to load the plan created with simbrief directly into the FMC of the B747 (like it is with the workingtitle cj4)?

No, not directly.
It is possible though, to download it from Simbrief, put it in with the default flight plans, and load it through the world map planner.

Thanks for your reply. I will try to go via the Simulator Plan. Maybe someone will find a solution to that FMS issue of the Salty later.

1 Like