Salty Simulations 747-8

The last time i looked it appeared to

There is a very good video on the 747 with a Boeing Training Captain flying the default without the mod

Can a REAL 737 Pilot fly the Default Boeing 747 in Microsoft Flight Simulator? - YouTube

…this was in October but it gives you a good sense of where the 747 was then in October

things have now moved on apace given the latest Boeing updates

I can fly the 747 witout the mod that isn`t the problem.
But there a lot of fine things in the mod what makes the use off the plane more like the real thing…
( fuel pumps and FMC usage, just some to say )

cheers :wink:

I could’n load any flight with 747-8i after update. I only managed to do so after deleting salty 747 from comunity folder. But now, and I don’t know if its related, I have no FMC on the 747-8i and cant figure out why. Deleted all 747-8i related mods and the FMC still in black screen/blank.

I had this once also, but as far as i moved al mods out
of the community folder it worked again, and/or some new start
of FS can sometimes do the trick or some wonder… :smile:

Me too. The MS update doesn’t like the mod. Mine kept CTD.

The FMC on the default 747 shows blank if you have the FlyByWire 320 mod loaded. The only way to get all your aircraft working is to remove all the mods - its ridiculous and kills the community aspect for now but that’s the only way to get things working.

The FBW mod will still work if you want to fly the A32NX but you just can’t use the 747 while it’s still in the community folder…

1 Like

This has nothing to do with the Salty mod, Salty do not work
at all in the moment.
What you mean is another Story…

my salty 0.2 mod causes a ctd. if I try and cold start i can’t start the fuel pumps. if I ctr+e to start engines I get a ctd. I have no other mods at all in my community folder. Has anyone seen anything like that?

I read in Salty discord that this version is working, I made a flight with it and it didn’t give me any trouble. Also hear that the latest dev version of FBW doesn’t interfere anymore with salty but I haven’t tried it yet.

Salty has just released v0.2.1 officialy

1 Like

New release today. Thinking about trying this out, haven’t flown an airliner in MSFS yet.

1 Like

Curious, did anyone try this yet, does it work with the latest MSFS patch? The release notes seem to indicate it does.

Yep, it does work.

1 Like

Which one is better? Salty or KaiRi?

Hey Ninjo,
Nice one on the latest Mod. Working very nicely. Nice touch adding the Radio/ Baro minimums.
Flying her across the Atlantic today.

1 Like

I’m impressed! Finally something that works! Great job on the mod, I did a Kbos to Kjfk last night and it ran like a dream. Good stuff!!

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

Can someone tell me if the autopilot works fine with this mod? Specially for approches? Thanks!

It works as good as you need:

Take a look here before you fly it down to the Minimums however. . .

3 Likes

Hi, on the PROGRESS page distance to destination is wrong - still says 2500nm while I am 2000nm out.
Just to report.
Thanks