Salty Simulations 747-8

Let me check later, do you have a description for a proper startup procedure?

The mod works just fine if you do not touch “Weight and balance” as mentioned earlier before flight. But still, this aircraft is unplayable. The autopilot vertical speed pitches/dives as a crazy all the time, it is impossible to hold a specific cruise altitude. I wait until developers or a mod fixes the 747.

I recommend A320 with flybywire mod or 787 with XE mod.

Drawyah has a pretty good tutorial on youtube, this should also work for the 747 Salty mod:

Or, if you just want to do a quick test without a proper procedure, press CTRL+E before the plane has been started up. That should automatically start the engines and you should be able to move on the ground.

I’ll give it a try a bit later, curious to see if the vertical speed oscillation still happens with the Salty 747.

I tried it already with Strg + E. It did not work for me. Problems as decribed above - i check later fot the latest version…

Yes you were right, I used the wrong version (Salty Master). Copied in the new (0.1.0) and everything works! Thanks :slight_smile:

No problem! :slight_smile:

HUD Does not work on recent patch. Is this still being worked on?

The flip down HUD. It it on the top like a car visor. Doesn’t work with this mod.

I have a feeling this mod is abandoned.

I hope not, they was doing a good job.

1 Like

Why? There are updates to the development branch every couple days at least, which is obviously publicly available. You have to remember that we don’t have a bunch of people working on this, and the contributors dedicate their own free time to work on an aircraft for free - which is amazing. It is most definitely NOT “abandoned”.

4 Likes

It is not.

1 Like

Happy for this :smiley:

I am happy to hear this and am looking forward to checking out the latest dev version!

Honestly I had believed that this had been abandoned even back as far as a month ago also. Understandably you guys can only get done with available manpower you guys have. It is a noble cause to work on these default aircraft for free and also risking having most of your work undone every two weeks with a new Microsobo patch that is released. Please don’t give up on this project and it would be awesome if some kind of status report could be posted here every once in a while so people know your guys are still hard at work, Obviously just doing the work you guys are doing is way more than enough and I thank you all for the work you have put in already!

1 Like

Yup, same here… It would be nice to have this thread updated, at least when the new versions release. It will grant the project a lot more visibility. Otherwise it remains in relative obscurity. I am about to try out the newest Master version.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Version 0.2.0 of the Salty Simulations 747-8 has now been released. A changelog along with the download can be found in the release description.

8 Likes

Hi all ,

Does the latest Salty 747 mod do work with the latest MSFS
( 1.12.13.0 ) Patch for the 747-8 - any…??

cheers :wink:

OK, seems it does not, tried it my own…
At loading time FS crashes with an error than i put the Salty Dir out the community folder and all goes fine…

Hope this gets updated, i liked this mod :upside_down_face:

cheers :wink: