Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong City Times won't load after Sim Update 5

In my case, SamScene Macau was OK when using C152 or C172. it crashed when using A32NX.

1 Like

Get the latest development version of the FBW A320. I think they updated it two days ago or something like that.

1 Like

Yes, I update it every day. But it doesnā€™t have any problem except starting in the locations with 3rd party scenery mods. So at the moment I only fly the locations without mods.

Same here, every time I do Hong Kong City times with Kai Tak airport it CTD

1 Like

Please send a message to Sam Scene 3D here: SamScene3D. Because Sam Scene 3D tested the Hong Kong City Times scenery themselves and didnā€™t find any problems after Sim Update 5. The more people that contact Sam Scene 3D about this, the more likely they will realize there is a problem and work ono a fix.

Hey fellas. Just for reference my Hong Kong area addons are

WFScenery VHHH
ModelInstruments VHHX
SamScene Hong Kong City
and Superspuds freeware Port of Hong Kong

I flew from Kai Tak all around the area, over the ports and up to VHHH. Some of the SamScene buildings had parts missing but thatā€™s the only issue Iā€™ve had so far.

Iā€™ll go and try to start a flight from VHHH. Will report back if i have issues.

1 Like

If you can successfully load from VHHH, let us know whether you purchased VHHH from the MSFS marketplace or from an outside website, and whether it was the very first flight you loaded when you started MSFS. Thanks!

Just loaded up. It was my first flight loaded after starting the sim. Loaded into VHHH no issue.

None of my addons were purchased from the Marketplace. These were all simMarket purchases iirc.

Microsoft uses additional encryption for products in the marketplace. This has caused issues in the past with other addons.

1 Like

I wonder if you have mappamundi-coast-fix in your community folder. The bgl for that area was giving me problems post SU5 even without any HK addons installed.

1 Like

Nope. I havenā€™t even heard of mappamundi-coast-fix until today. I have not installed that add-on before.

Thanks. All the people with loading problems in this thread purchased Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong City Times from the MSFS marketplace. While all the people that purchased Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong City Times from an outside website (and need to place it in their Community folder) donā€™t seem have any loading problems.

No problem :slight_smile: As i sayā€¦ i pretty much think itā€™s the encryption that Microsoft apply thatā€™s the issue.

Cant remember exactly, but i think it was either Bijanā€™s seasons or possibly DC Designs Stearman that caused non loading issues with the marketplace version originally. MS admitted the problem was the encryption and offered to sell it without the encryption, which solved the problem. So, if you or anyone contact SamScene3D about this iā€™d point them in that direction for a solution.

1 Like

Right, I purchased it from in game market, maybe thatā€™s the trouble

1 Like

I think it probably is. If you could message Sam Scene 3D on their Facebook page, that would help them to fix the problem. Thanks.

Hi all. Good news. It seems that Sam Scene 3D has traced down the problem. In my correspondence with them, they said they have sent a new version of Hong Kong City Times to Microsoft to be updated in the MSFS marketplace but it may take 2 weeks (or longer) to update in the MSFS marketplace. I guess a lot of other people that purchased Hong Kong City Times from the MSFS marketplace were experiencing the same freezing problem.

One thing I was able to do was load a flight at a nearby airport first, and then load at VHHH as my second flight, with the Sam Scene 3D Hong Kong City Times installed. If I load up at Macau International Airport (VMMC) first, then go back to the main menu and load a flight at VHHH as my second flight, I can then load at VHHH without any problems. Alternatively, you can load at Macau International airport and just slew to VHHH (it doesnā€™t take long to slew to VHHH). I think this is a stop gap measure you can try until the fix from Sam Scene 3D arrives in the MSFS marketplace.

2 Likes

To get the updated Seasons, email me a screenshot of your purchased seasons and I will email you the updated files. bijanstudiola@gmail.com

A misunderstanding i thinkā€¦ I got the full package from from SimMarket thanks, all up to date here :slight_smile:

I donā€™t use facebook

Hi. I am not sure if I am allowed to post their e-mail address here and whether it violates the rules in this forum. So I will not post their e-mail address here. However, you can find their e-mail address at their website: Contact us ā€“ SamScene3D

I also encountered the same problem as you, the SS Hong Kong city landscape purchased in the in-game store, and the WFSS Hong Kong Airport purchased in SIMMARKET. I can only get into Hong Kong Airport by temporarily uninstalling Hong Kong city view in Resource Manager. I have sent an email to SS to apply for repair, and SS replied that they have understood the situation and are still collecting the error report. In addition, after the latest hot fix, I entered the game homepage from WIN10 to boot for at least 20 minutes. Iā€™m freaking out with updates.

1 Like