SamScene3D announced New York City Times

not completely blend well with the photogrammetry but it is not noticeable, and it indeeds put a lot of improvements to the default and much better visual, no fps drop, very worth the price

on those building snow melted, because they hot

3 Likes

Hi everyone!

Here are 2 videos I did with this new Addon. It’s spectacular!

4 Likes

BEST NEWS ever!!! Finally. NYC needed a major improvement in MSFS 2020 and this is an easy purchase for me.

I just tested this out and while the FPS is really great while flying, I get major stuttering when panning the camera towards the city from a distance (I noticed this while parked at Teterboro). I’m not sure if this is because of the new scenery engine changes with SU5 or just that my card is loading a ■■■■ ton of textures.

Other than that, the city looks amazing now.

3 Likes

May I just say, again, this is one of the BEST sceneries to come to the US. Thank you for doing NYC proud, finally!!! So much better than default. I can actually see rendered, normal skyscrapers from JFK or LGA!!!

1 Like

Whats your frame rate like if you fly a glass cockpit plane (eg TBM930) low and slow over this scenery? Is there much impact?

Does anybody know when it will be available at orbx?

I haven’t technically flown it “low and slow” yet, but so far not a terrible impact. Keep in mind, it’s still NYC so it’s not going to give you 60fps.

Bad screenshot (I sim in HDR) but you can see the buildings actually rendered and it makes NY look SO much better. No more half-rendered default buildings or pyramids.

2 Likes

As always, photogrammetry with landmarks is an ultimate combo. I have to get this one. I love Drzewiecki Design’s Seattle.

This scenery really looks amazing, but I wish they offered a version with 2K textures instead of 4K. Those of us running 8GB GPUs might suffer stuttering while the massive amount of textures are loaded into VRAM. I don’t experience these stutters over Seattle landmarks add-on and I’m assuming because they use a lower res texture.

Having 4K textures for a city like NY coupled with possible add-on scenery for the surrounding airports can result in noticeable frame drops for those with mid-range or older GPUs.

2 Likes

I agree.

But it’s kind of ironic because Samscene3d is generally known to have poor resolution textures in their past city packs.

1 Like

This is the first scenery I’ve gotten from them so I wasn’t aware of that. They did a really great job and the city looks amazing, I just wish they had been a little more mindful of their texture sizes.

1 Like

Yeah the stutters are pretty bad on a 6GB vram gpu. I wish it had a 2K version too

I messaged the developer and made that suggestion. It may not be possible without a ton of extra work but you never know.

Once add-ons are developed for Newark or LaGuardia for example, the issue will definitely be even worse. I took off from KTEB using the Dreamflight addon and boy those stutters were severe, and I’m at 8GB.

2 Likes

This is the only scenery that gives me stutters now on my settings, and i have 8gb vram. Must admit I’m disappointed with the performance of this one and have left it turned off for the time being. Nowhere else in the sim puts me below my locked 30FPS or gives me stutters since SU5.

As nice as this is I have to put it in the wasted money category for the time being. Pity, as I haven’t had any issues with their Hong Kong scenery. Hopefully they will do a reduced texture size version or something to improve performance.

2 Likes

I have a gtx1070 with 8gb vram and haven’t experiene any significant stutter with this mod.

Perhaps send the dev some feedback. They may consider offering a lower res version if enough people ask. It’s a really nice add-on and I’m sure they want as many people to enjoy it as possible.

1 Like

I’ll have to do some more testing then. I have a few addons around the New York area. Maybe one of them isn’t playing nicely with this one.

@JrPainkiller606 Will do!

Which add-ons do you have? The only one I have in the area with any real texture size significance is KTEB by Dreamflight.