Samscene3D - USA Modern Cities Vol1 - Los Angeles, Miami, Boston & Philadelphia

Hello,

This new addon just hit the marketplace.
Here is my full review and test of this add-on on Xbox Series X

I wanted mostly to know if I can land on any buildings in this scenery. Well, it is not all perfect…

1 Like

Samscene’s airports look a bit mediocre I always think but their city packs are good. I have Tokyo and it makes such a difference to the default PG cityscape.

The price is good value for four large US cities, however it’s one I’m not immediately desperate for and so I’ll pick it up sometime in a sale.

I only have the NY add-on from Samescene. I do not remember if the buildings are landable but landing on time square is nice with helicopter.
It is so satisfying to land on helipad or on building I wish all the cities would have hard top on their buildings!

I was checking for updates online today and noticed this brand new cities pack was released. I haven’t heard anything about this online…it feels like it came out of nowhere. But wow, it brings these cities to a whole new level, 1000% better than the default photogrammetry. Looks amazing!

Miami

Los Angeles

Boston

Philadelphia

2 Likes

Does this work together with PG or PG must be disabled to use this?

I am half-tempted for Boston, but… I feel this is one of “few” things that won’t work on 2024. Just my opinion. So, it’s a no-go.

You don’t need to disable photogrammetry. It’s meant to enhance the photogrammetry by replacing the most prominent buildings with better models. It automatically removes the default buildings that it replaces…it leaves everything else as is.

7 Likes

As a VFR flyer, I highly recommend this addon.

2 Likes

I don’t want to watch a video - can someone specify which cities are included?

Boston, Los Angeles, Miami, Philadelphia

2 Likes

I was quite pleased to see the updates to the Philadelphia skyline. While the default PG isn’t bad, it is dated with the most glaring omission being the city’s tallest skyscraper, the Comcast Technology Center (completed in 2018). I work in that building and not being able to fly past it was a real immersion breaker for me!

4 Likes

I see some others listed them, but did you look at the description? It’s right there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was replying to the thread and the only link then-posted was the video from the OP which did not list the cities. I was working and skimming on my tablet, not at my gaming PC and not able to go Google for a product listing.

Will this conflict with the latinvfr miami and the flytampa boston?

I have both sceneries. No issues/conflicts seen with Samscene’s scenery installed.

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it work on 2024? It’s using the same tech for the world layout so it should carry over.

Because we don’t know what they may choose to include in terms of photogrammetry there at this point, so things may need an adjustment as was the case with multiple payware sceneries in 2020 after World Updates. Most recent case being the Dubai Landmarks that need to be disabled in order to do the Red Bull Landing Challenge because THAT provided its own Al Arab tower that overlapped with ORBX.

1 Like

I doubt they redo Boston since there weren’t too many issues, but SamScene is usually good at making updates when things like that happen, at least on the past for a few other cities that came out.

Definitely makes sense for the holding off though.

1 Like

I have this and am very happy. I’m Boston based so this was a major leap forward and even Boston’s latest towers are represented. There’s a slight FPS hit but it’s absolutely worth it. SamScene is indeed very solid for scenery, they’re moving at a good pace, and there’s apparently a Vol 2 US Modern cities upcoming…