São Paulo-Congonhas, Brazil (SBSP) electric tower on 17R glide slope near rwy blocking landing

What a pity, but I can understand once actually they are high tension lines (above 68 kv in Brazil).
Nevertheless I think the problem that asobo should fix is the airport height. As you can see in photos, the airport rwy is higher than streets around. So if asobo fix that I am sure that the runway will be higher than power lines.

1 Like

I was flying from SBRJ to SBSP. RNAV approach to runway 17R.
Cessna 172 (G1000), at night, clear skies. Autopilot engaged, APR ON.
Aircraft crashed on a power transmission tower that was placed in the glide, about 200 m before the threshold.

This is the kind of bug that can removed procedurally. If an obstacle is automatically generated within the boundaries defined by the FAA AC 150/5300 Appendix 2, remove it.

Submitted to Zendesk?

How can I do that? Sorry, still new to the community

Hi @PithyWings02,
At the top of the forum is a Support link, click there. Then click on Submit a Request.

When you fill out that Zendesk, you can also point out this topic that was brought up on September 18.

1 Like

There are rules for building airports. The FAA has AC 150/5300-13A that provides great guidance on it. Appendix 2 of this AC provides rules for obstacle clearances in approach glide slopes. Asobo could remove these mistakenly placed obstacles procedurally, just by implementing the rules of this AC.

OpenStreetMap has wrong terrain data arround SBSP, that is the issue with this airport.

Edit:
WU4 and the problem persists, porra Asobo!

Congonhas (SBSP) has also an error on the elevation. In Flight Simulator it is in the same level as the neighboring what is incorrect.

Other problem is that In the approach for the rwy 35 L there is also a building that does not exist in real life as it can bee seen in a lot of videos like this one, for example:

Energy Towers on FINAL APP RWY17R SBSP, I think this is not the only airport that have this issue

They should be there, but they are much too tall I think

Google view

They are a touch on the tall side, I think it just uses the same size for all the power lines, but you do clear them if flying on the correct Glideslope.

Same happens at Geneva.

I’m your case, there are two issues, the runway should be higher than it’s current position, And any object on the final approach path should be sorter.

But this is a design issue. And I don’t know when it will be fixed.

There’re multiple energy towers in geneva LSGG that are on the ILS glideslope which make it impossible to land properly…

Make it a Zendesk ticket. That’s your best bet to get this fixed.

They don’t care about zendesk tickets. I’ve filed a dozen over the months and they never fixed anything…

They do care, but they need to prioritize. Eventually, they fix the issues, some are more urgent than others. Sometimes it helps if more than one player reports it.

Elevation data in sim is not taken from OSM.

1 Like

There in an energy tower aligned to Sao Paulo SBSP 17R (Brazil) and aircraft crashes onto it in short final.

Tks.

It is unbelievable that Microsoft didn’t fix that yet on such important and busy airport.

1 Like

Picture from now on IVAO network and still Microsoft and Asobo simply ignore this problem. It is unbelievable they didn’t fix it on such important airport. Without 3rd part scenery, it is impossible to land…

1 Like