Savannah ultra light airplane

I’m a big fan of ultra light airplanes and I’ve been working on the Savannah-S for a few months.

I’ve had no problem to find references for the model itself, pictures and general data, videos from kit building. All the required details to build the 3D model are over there. POH is publicly accessible, which is a good thing.
Meanwhile, ICP, the Italian company that builds these planes, has not responded to my numerous requests for help and permission to use their trademark.

This aircraft is available with a wide variety of cockpit configurations. My first plan is to work on two variants:

• simple gauges for VFR flights with optional GPS
  • glass cockpit, probably based on G1000.
    But I like all my mods to be highly configurable, so there’ll probably be more than that (and tail dragger variants exist, seaplanes too!).

In its current state, the model is practically finished, as are the animations; the flight model is a very rough first version, but the plane can fly. All material work remains to be done. There is no sound, no camera, no checklist and so on. With any luck, a beta will soon be available.

I had a real pilot available for testing but I lost contact with him. Any help here is welcome :wink:

9 Likes

I can’t help, but just wanted to say I love your mods! Hopefully someone can help you attain their permission so we can all fly this soon.

1 Like

I was actually just wondering if you were going to try making a new add-on ‘from scratch’ after all of the work you’ve done on the various 172 mods.

1 Like

That’s a lot of new things to learn :wink:

Riveting…

3 Likes

Are you use any kind of blender addon to achieve this easily ?

It would be AWESOME to see a Savannah in MSFS!

I have a friend who built and flew his own Savannah, He sold it recently but if you want any information, I can ask him help.

If you search any virtual pilot for a beta, I flew for about 50 hours ish a Super Guepard from AEROSERVICE. 5 axis ULM with 80 or 100cv ROTAX 912, quite similar to the Savannah.

Thanks a lot for your work!

1 Like

No addon, but modifiers and duplicate linked nodes
I should have look at plugins though. I did not thought it would be that much rivets !

I’m interested ! I’ll get in touch with you when an alpha version is available

1 Like

Definitely, I’ve been flying on fsx since 2013 and i’ve been wishing for a savannah since then… Now that we have this new sim with this wonderful detailed ground having a savannah to do vfrs in my area would be awesome

Is there an alpha yet or something? I fly this plane irl and I would love to test it.

Can’t wait to see it in the sim! Keep up the great work!!!

No, not yet : the flight model is bad as it is and the cockpit has an empty panel

I’ve just discovered this plane and I’m so glad you got your hands on it. I can’t wait. Searching info about it I’ve found this comparative with Zenith:

Maybe it can be useful. They show several interesting data about both (glide ratio, fuel consumption…).

Having a Zenith and soon your Savannah, I only miss a Skyranger.

1 Like