Save default VR camera position

I was trying to follow directions in this locked thread but nothing seems to happen.

My steam install location from those directions "D:\FlightSimulator\Official\Steam" but otherwise the files seem to line up.

No matter what I set, it keeps loading back to the same camera position.

Also, how far out do we need to go to test new settings? Is Alt+Tab sufficient, a flight restart or a full sim reload?

If a full sim reload is needed it would take years to tweak.

I was able to get this resolved!

One thing I did that helped was to save my current view as a custom view. This updated the roaming camera.cfg file with the coordinates.

I then copied the settings to the default camera.cfg. These are two separate files. The roaming/custom file only saves out the ones you modify. This eliminates all guess work.

The VR camera view doesn’t save out to the custom file, which is likely why it doesn’t persist and we get kicked out of our tweaked camera positions.

I always slide two clicks right, 3 or 4 forward, and 2 clicks down.

While we can save the custom VR view, the sim will revert away from it when switching views, realoading VR, and zooming. So having it customized is a huge frustration fixer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.