Save drone camera control settings

I think you need to try it. I have a PC, with all usual controls including Track ir and finally bought an Xbox controller just for drone camera use. I must say as much as I hate game controllers, for camera control the mouse and keyboard is beat hands down. Why do you ask? Because with the game controller you can do more inputs smoother. Example, I can pan, transition, and zoom all at the same time very smoothly. Try it, your opinion will change.

A joystick/yoke can also make those fine control movements, as could the mouse.

As it is, the keyboard even an minimum speed settings is far too sensitive (and far too hard to set a low speed when the selection jumps between 0 and 4%, and only occasionally stopping at the minimum 1% value). A logarithmic scale would be much more practical, starting at 0.1% with a keyboard/joystick/mouse selectable bind for speed and movement controls.

Is there a way to save the Showcase camera zoom setting? At 50% I get a distinct fisheye effect. Setting to 75% is ideal, but it will be reset to 50% - even in the same flight.

1 Like

I remember the speed of the drone camera used to be always set top 4% by default, and then in one of the recent sim updates it changed to 10% and I have to go reset it back down to 4% every time. Would be great to be able to save the configuration of these cameras.

The following camera settings should be saved as per user’s choice:

1. Outside view camera rotation speed.

2. Drone camera speed.

3. Outside camera zoom.

4. Drone camera zoom.

1 Like

Use F1 and F2 keys to adjust the forward speed on the fly. I found this more useful rather that starting too fast when not required