SC Designs F-16c afterburner issue

I have the Afterburner Toggle programmed on my stick but AB won’t stay on. In order to fly in full ab, I have to hold the button down the whole time. Is there a way to press the button to ignite ab and not have to hold the button to keep it lit?

I think it’s safe to delete the toggle for afterburners now. I set it up just for the F18, but now it doesn’t need it, and the F16 works for me perfectly.

Switch the AB control on your left hand panel to off after start up and it will engage at full throttle, if it is in the on position you will need a button to engage AB.

Hope that helps

2 Likes

Hi

have they changed the F18 so that it doesn’t need the toggles pressed on the throttle column then? i use a HOTAS on series x and its a pain in the backside to the point where i dont fly the F18 or darkstar anymore.

1 Like

They have, plus there’s a livery pack recently released, which along with recent updates, makes the F18 ‘surprisingly not sh!t’ lol

that’s brilliant thanks. i’ll give it a look!

Have you figured out the fix yet? Mine just started doing the sane exact thing.

Switch the AB control on your left hand panel to off after start up and it will engage at full throttle, if it is in the on position you will need a button to engage AB.

Hope that helps

1 Like

I cant find the switch for afterburner on that panel. I looked in the manual but no lick. Could you please tell me where it is located? Thanks!

On the left hand panel in the cock pit, its behind the throttle so you have hide the throttle to access it, you can hide the throttle by clicking on the THREAT button.
If you follow the interactive checklist it will show you where it is

3 Likes

Okay thanks that did the trick!

1 Like