Scenario loading problems

:wave: Thank you for using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

Yes

Brief description of the issue:

Sometimes the simulator for some reason decides to load the Bing scenario and not the airport (either MSFS default or 3rd party). This happens anywhere and at any airport. The only solution I found is to put the drone camera and go as high as possible. For some reason that makes the scenery load correctly in 95% of the cases.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

What you see in this photo is something very small. Sometimes in KLAX the ENTIRE airport is a picture of Bing.

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Ryzen 5 5600 / RX 6800XT / 32GB RAM 3200MHz / MSFS installed on 512GB NVMe
FS Settings:
DX12
TLOD: 200
OLOD: 100
All settings in ultra except glass cockpit refresh rate in medium
Anisotropic: x16
Texture supersampling: 6x6
Shadow maps: 1536
Terrain shadows: 1024
Cubemap reflections: 192

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

at the moment this has been the case for several versions

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Any kind of map-replacement mods installed ? if so, cleanup your windows hosts file.

Otherwise check whether that happens without community-mods… Cleaning Rolling cache etc, is also allways a good starting point.

In the post I showed the problem with a 3rd party airport. Here it goes again but with a stock (SGAS, Asunción)

I used the map enhancement mod a long time ago but I did a clean install of MSFS relatively recently. Actually I use the official Bing map.
I already tried to delete everything from Community and the problem persists.
My rolling cache is OFF.

just check the windows host file for entries to localhost ( 127.0.0.1 )… the old version of that mod does not removed the changes this mod have done within that file.

You can also simple remove the windows host file and restart the pc, then you get a clean default file.

see also: World map zoom in hangs/crashes the game - #13 by MichaMMA

I had hoped that what you mentioned would help but unfortunately it has not.
I just deleted host file, restarted my PC and without even moving or doing anything on the sim, it already looks like this