Scenery sharp one day blurry the next

I’m getting this weird situation where scenery is sharp straight after hot fix 2 but then last night it was back to blurry. Anyone else experiencing this?

I have a 50gb rolling cache and the scenery would have been stored on my first pass. Also, no settings changed or issues with internet.

3 Likes

I have seen similar and I have also seen other threads that state the same. I think it is related to the Microsoft servers not being able to stream data quick enough when under high load. I know some people have tested this theory by flying during hours where there is lower usage (early hours of the morning for example) and that seemed fix the issue and confirm this theory…

Have you checked that your graphics settings haven’t changed to low? I have had that happen to me a few times.

Same. I’ve experienced this a lot lately, blurry textures, and sometimes the autogen buildings don’t load in and am left with some burn in textures where the buildings should be. I am also having long freezes on occasion, sometimes for 4 or 5 seconds in VR, where everything locks up, and then carries on as normal again.

I have had both of these issues occasionally in the past, but they are much more prevelant since SU5. I have rolling cach disabled. It definitely appears to be a Bing server issue.

2 Likes

I get this on the series X as well. One day I’m blown away by how everything looks the next I’m not as impressed. Definitely server load I suspect

2 Likes

Yes, graphics checked

Shouldn’t I already have the textures though from the previous flight?

That’s interesting that it happens on the Xbox as well. I’ve not used an Xbox but I’m guessing you have less configuration options on there than a PC would have, and without an active third party modding market and hardware peripherals to complicate identifying what might be causing the issues.

Does the Xbox have a manual rolling cache option and a community folder, and a menu of data/traffic options? If it doesn’t, or they are reduced then it kind of rules out user error or incorrect settings etc, and points more clearly to the Bing servers as being the culprit.

I hope this is something Jorg and Sebasian address at the next live Q&A, as it definitely seems to have got worse since SU5. Maybe they need to add more servers now the sim has gotten a whole new audience.

There are the basics such as traffic levels , ground traffic etc, also HDR enabled or not and bing data etc. Apart from that there are no other options really

That’s interesting to know, thanks. I think it definitely suggests a problem on Asobo/Microsoft side then, which they will hopefully fix along with the next world update at the end of the month.

I find myself that if I know something is a temporary bug I can happily live with it until they fix. It’s when I’m not sure if it’s something wrong on the user end or not that drives me mad. I’ve literally completely reinstalled Windows and MSFS to fix my radio panel not working, a process that took all weeked, only to find that Asobo has changed the assignment keys on my Bravo Throttle Quadrant and added an radio on/off switch that wasn’t there before. The in plane radios worked fine and I could adjust them with my mouse, but I could only use my real radio when I press the switch to on.

Now I’m sure this blurry graphics is just a temporary bug I’ll try and stop stressing about it.

Probably this happened because it put you back to Medium (or Low, dunno) at startup, without any notification.

There is a topic and a workaround, this is the workaround…

• go settings, set Low-end, save it.
  • go back to settings, set Ultra, save it.

The bug was introduced with SU-5, see

1 Like

I would recommend you reinitialise your rolling cache. Try deleting it and starting again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.