Schweizer by Mscenery

I had just seen and bought it in the MSFS Marketplace. But now I can’t explain how this helicopter could pass a quality control at MSFS. Barely controllable and graphically bad. Alone this completely outdated model of the pilot. I hope Mscenery will rework it properly, otherwise I threw the 16 euros out of the window. What are your experiences.

8 Likes

You threw the 16 euros out of the window!

Because of stuff like this I have my doubts if “quality” control in the means of the MSFS MP is the same as you and I understand in quality control.

They “simply” check if the content is ok to not endanger the “E”-rating. Nothing more!
At least, that’s what I guess.

Via Zendesk you can try to get your money back, but you are only allowed to do it 3 times / year, AFAIK.

3 Likes

In the same breath someone has purchased the pmdg 737 and given it 2 stars the amount of time that’s been available i wasn’t even in the air so how can you rate it its a shame you cant demo aircraft before buying id love to try the Schweizer
itis a very different helicopter id love to know if it really is bad or its just a case of having to really adjust control sensitivities etc

Trust me, at the moment the graphic is bad.
You can still see the rotors flickering by one by one at full throttle. For example, the pedals are not animated.

2 Likes

And it won’t get any better.

Do a YT search for “MSFS + MSCENERY”

MSFS + MSCENERY - YouTube

4 Likes

Honestly all of Mscenery’s aircraft are garbage. Would be nice to test fly an aircraft but i believe thats very low on the list of things to implement.

9 Likes

this is par for the course for mscenery. its one of those “devs” that are best avoided

3 Likes

There is no quality control in the marketplace. It’s just a sales platform like Ebay or amazon. Just a little more specific.
If anything they check whether the stock game crashes. The rest is the customer’s responsibility. After all there are multiple MScenery products on the marketplace already and all of them have awful reviews.

3 Likes

get a refund and check it as “lesson learned”

When there is no “quality control” and just checking if the piece of software (aka MS Flight Sim) is not crashiung, why does it take over 3.5 months to get DLC to the market place?

Is it really the translations as Jörg mentioned?

it doesn’t take 3.5 months. it takes 2-3 weeks and that’s probably because they have a backlog. For the rest you have to ask Jörg

Believe me, currently it takes 3.5 months!
Some 3rd-Party-Devs have DLC in the queue for this long!

eg: The Wilga, released 2022-12-07. Today is 2023-01-20. That’s more than 2 -3 weeks.
eg: 42MG - Mr. Goodbar, released 2022-12-10. Today is 2023-01-20. That’s more than 2 -3 weeks.

I expect the 2 mentioned examples not earlier to hit the MP before the end of February.

With the holidays having been in the middle of these 5 ish weeks I wouldn’t have suspected anything else around this time of the year. Same with summer vacation, there are just fewer people in the office. It takes too long anyway but these times of the year it’s just normal that nobody works productively :smiley:

You realise of course that there were holidays over Christmas? So that’s at least 2 weeks you can deduct. Also you don’t when they were actually entered for consideration on the marketplace.

Still I don’t know where you get 3.5 months from entries made in mid December. Both examples are in the 4-5 week range.

Since marketplace items are always encrypted, I don’t buy them anyway if I can help it (bascially I only buy Carenado). Most products are available somewhere else as well - at least on PC.

And as for quality control: basically no 3rd party seller (simmarket, flightsim.com, ORBX, LVFR etc) have any actual quality control. Some like ORBX and LVFR only take devs they have a relationship with, but the MS Marketplace is basically the same as Simmarket and sells everything. Whether it’s brilliant or rubbish.

1 Like

These are the dates I knew when they hit light of day in other markets.
But I also know projects that got released earlier and get submitted to the MP and are still not released!

Same as me.
But I do care for my XBox friends as well!!

Quantum Gaming Uploads - YouTube

Says it all!

1 Like

sadly a refund is not possible. Here the answer from the MSFS support:
When you purchase content in the Marketplace, FlightSim Credits are immediately redeemed to complete your purchase. As a result, marketplace transactions are not refundable as per the Terms of Sale, displayed at the time of purchase.

They don‘t exactly make the marketplace attractive, do they…

1 Like

thats one of several reasons i never use the marketplace unless i have no other option (and going without is often a more attractive option)

marketplace uses some very shady practices, so i opt out

3 Likes

On controller on xbox (cloud) switching to airplane controls makes it much easier to fly! Since the tail is controlled differently and you can just set the throttle and let it be basically.
Kinda like the chopper now, but please patch it…