Scoring for Reno Air Races seems broken

What is the deal with awarding points in the Reno Air Races? It seems that I do not get awarded points anymore. So now, I am basically risking points with no upside in each race. Do I have to only be in races with eight players? Does it depend on their level? If so, how do I know their level before accepting the race?

Below is a race with seven players, and I did not get any points.

1 Like

Hey Buddy I have just noticed this happening in the last day or so but it does not effect all plane types for me just jets. Have you had any feedback on this query from anywhere yet?

No, I haven’t. What I suspect is going on that that the scoring is based on the number of players in the race, as well as their ranking. I was able to move up to #1 yesterday by getting on a race with another top ten player. Other than that, I don’t get points. Really kills the fun at the upper levels.

I would be fine with it if there wasn’t such a huge loss of points if I lost. I am at the point where I won’t race unless there is someone else in the top ten on the race.

1 Like

That certainly makes sense and so it looks like we have to wait for Top ten players to joust with. Thanks for working that out… would be nice if they produced more detailed point scoring requirements instead of making us punters have to work it out on our own…

Also I’d love to race the top dog sometime we will have to compare schedules :wink:

Hi, same here, someone said on discord that it has to do with reaching 2400 points for a plane category. Unless you fly with players over 2400, you won’t get any point. Time to grind the other category :grin:

See you in the races :sunglasses:

Request me as a friend on MSFS2020, I would love to race!

My in game name is AtomicTerrorPig

That could be it. I will keep an eye on the scores and see if that holds up. I have over 2400 in T-6 now, so I can test that out.

I really need a point in Unlimited as I lost the #1 spot, and can’t find anyone to race to make that up.

Hello there, it’s even worst than what i said. Today i raced against Renorace5 (pretty ■■■■ good pilot) and i came second, guess what, i lost 3 points and the guy in third place got some…

Seriously, beware of Renorace5 i lost 6 places in unlimited against this guy :rofl:

I saw you tonight but you left the lobby twice, i guess you were looking for more players to race against. I know the feeling.

I have added you.

Oh btw, check this video from yesterday. The lobby locked up with 7 players then the race started after the 7 qualified. Until pole 6 everything is fine then a new player pops up far away in front of my plane. I’m 100% sure this guy wasn’t in the lobby, i know most of the top 10 racers names and i would have noticed him. On the video you can see the last plane is number 7 before this guy shows up… i hope it’s a network issue or a bug. I can’t start to think they are already cheating their way into the top 10 while we all race fair. It would be very disappointing.

Can’t post link… this sucks. I’ll send you the video when adding you.

Hi @DrMacabre1602,
You will be able to post links when you reach Trust Level 1 on the forum.

For information on Trust Levels and how to obtain them, see this topic:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/trust-levels-and-how-to-advance/121729

Oh ok, thanks for the info.

Getting really fed up with this scoring system.

So I come in a close second to the #1 guy in the bipe class and I lose points and he gets 10 despite having over 2500 points (not begruding this guy his well deserved points) . My problem is;

Anytime I beat someone under 2400 points, I get nothing. In another unlimited race, I lose points for coming 2nd and the guy who came third, gained points.I get what they are trying to do here to discourage noob bashing, but this scoring system really sucks.

1 Like

Scopenut, your points also change dependent on what helpers are on or off… I fly mostly things off, then the scoring works a bit more to your favour.

Also, sidenote: While we all know the leaderboard mode is not in the best shape, but how the heck is an L-39 leading the unlimited class?

Glad I didn’t buy this expansion.

What do you mean your score changes depending on the assistance you have on? Can you give some examples?

Two hours spent “racing” at Reno

A = 40
B = 8
C = 5
D = 3
E = 3
F = 0
G = 0%

A = Attempts to find a lobby
B = Lobbies found
C = Lobbies closed when opponents leaves lobby
D = Races found
E = Races won
F = Points won
G =Enjoyment

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.