Screen Goes Black then CTD - Steam

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.19.9.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.19.9.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000026afd08
Faulting process id: 0x1e0c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7b405bd20f8e1
Faulting application path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: G:\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 86006878-f282-4472-af2b-9f460f44ec0d
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

All content is updated. No community folder. Latest Nvidia drivers. Latest windows updates. Launched the sim, pressed ‘Fly’ on any type of flight, anywhere and screen goes black. CTD. Happening since the last 2 world updates. Worked flawlessly before that. No hardware changes on my end. Have already re-installed twice since it stopped working to no avail.

Hi @CombatNEO1970,
There is a bug on black screen then CTD. Can you look at this topic to see if it is the same issue? If so, we want to keep this confined to that topic as it’s a logged bug and it should be fixed in SU6.

No its not the same, I can’t even launch a flight it will CTD as soon as I press ‘FLY’.

1 Like

Same exact issue here.

Thank you, good man! but it does not help. what is the next? shall we re-install windows, buy new PC? Or maybe developers must have a look at this problem?
I have been working as software developer for a 20 years and If i were created such code I was fired at the moment

because you have such experiance in development we can may be not give you any additional hint what you can do :wink:

additional to the former mentioned FAQs the hint: because a lot of users installed the game on an external drive or simple choosing exFAT for the drive: don’t install MSFS on a exFAT drive.

This, and other hints, are also mentioned in existing topics in forum, just use the forums search function:
Example : CTD When Launching a Flight

Oh, thank you too. But may be you can explain me how it is possible, that I installed my simulator year ago almost after release and I have 366 hours on it. An suddenly, after update, It stoped working. Shall I move it to another drive? but why it worked before?
Oh, may be I shouldn’t use FAT? but I alvays have ntfs…
As software developer, I can tell you that CTD without logs or error messages which gives possibility to localize problem, is the sign of non-professional approach.
But it is Microsoft, that’s everything you need to know

After last update I can fly again. So it was Microsoft’s problem not FAT, Nvidia, or anything else

1 Like

Yes same here. I didn’t have to re-install windows, take my PC apart and dip it in acid to make it work…they just ‘fixed it’.

good… so we can close one more topic :wink:

Closed as the problem seems solved.