Screen tearing when panning cockpit camera after SU6

After SU6 I’m experiencing significant screen tearing when panning the camera - particularly in cockpit view. The SIM holds a steady 30 fps in dev or normal but the screen tearing is always now present and panning is not smooth, with much tearing. This was not experienced before SU6. Dev mode indicates limited by GPU (pre SU6 it was always limited by main thread)

Settings: global HIGH, locked to 30 FPS. Render scale 100.

System: Win 10 (up to date), 32GB RAM, Intel(R) Core™ i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz , Nvidea RTX 2060 with latest geoforce driver (496.49)

MS Store version.

Same here. I’ve been flying since the game came out with a perfect screen and sync. Just loaded up in the g1000 172 at L35 (Big Bear) and I have major tearing inside the cockpit only.

Glad to hear I’m not the only person experiencing this. The difficulty is that there are so many potential causes, but given neither my hardware or in-Sim graphics settings changed, I can only conclude that it was something in the latest build (1.20.6.0) that doesn’t agree with my graphics card or Nvidea drivers.

It’s not a game-stopper, but it is another thing that detracts from enjoyment of the sim.

I uninstalled my nvidea driver and reinstalled it. Seems to have helped - not getting tearing on my last few flights. Maybe worth a try.

Ok, glad you found a fix. I’ll try this myself.

In the options/graphics menu of sim turn ON VSYNC, you can then choose max frame rate depending on your hardware. I chose 60fps. This eliminates the tearing issue for me.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve always had VSYNC and tried both 60 and 30fps without it working for me…but good to know it can help in some circumstances. I’m getting good performance since I did my nvidea reinstall.

1 Like

I have exact same issue. Have you solved it?

Hoping SU7 solves it.

Funny enough I never had this issue before SU7, but I installed also latest drivers, so that might be the problem.

Same here. Was fine before but after today’s update the upper portion of the TV when panning camera looks pixelated. I did update to the latest Nvidia driver too and not sure if that is part of it. Seems to occur in this game only.

I found thread about it

All points out to driver problem. I’ll try one suggestion (disable gamma correction, otherwise i’ll go back to previous drivers (496.49 something)

Seems to be linked directly to using TAA antialiasing. Seemed to work before. Not sure whats happened…

1 Like

Having the same issue. I guess it’s back to an older driver.

Disabling the gamma correction doesn’t seem to work with the latest driver unfortunately.

good to know, actually I skipped that gamma advice and uninstalled newest driver (496.76) via DDU and installed 496.49. Not huge amount of time for testing, but the problem did not come back so far. Not sure if Asobo or Nvidia screwed this.

This is not Tearing, this is a bug that we had when using anything other than 100 Rendersccaling. I tought it was fixed but seems like it is back. Just set renderscaling to 100.

I have and always had render scaling set to 100.

Mine is also set at 100 and didn’t fix it.