SDK Issues after Update 5 | No Project Work Possible

Im managing to build the project, but always get tones of errors that seem to be asoso scenery related., only after a 2nd build cycle do i get no errors at all.
Custom Apron textures like ground parking bay markings (gimp png) from previous versions are not displayed correctly, orientation, size, and seem to be the same texture duplicated all around the airport. But when in com folder everything is correct.
Custom painted lines are also looking weird in the editor but come out ok…

SDK 0.14.0 also puked up some incorrect texture maps that did not cause a problem before, but were in fact incorrect, so the models are now corrected. However, updating any models needs new guid, and removal of older model…
Realtime blender2msfs does nothing.
I thought SDK 0.12.0 was bad, but this blows that out of the water for bugs.

1 Like

Can’t even get the SDK loaded. Soon as I do I get a CTD. Never happened with the previous updates and can’t get on with my project. Most frustrating .

Getting all the XML errors and Editor bugs as well. Working on a project is currently impossible. No CTDs as of yet, thankfully, but it’s all messed up big time. Waiting for a fix. Projects on hold for now.

1 Like

Yes it is awful… not having updates on the fly is a total time killer…
Unless this and the other things you mention have a work around somewhere… eg an update now button I will not be doing any more projects.

Very disappointed.

1 Like

My polygons keep disappearing so buildings I eliminated pop up… grrrr.

I get parts of a building thrown out to one side… uhh?

I have two good ones.

1. In one scenery I am working on, at random all my custom objects will stay in place, but switch to unknown in the scenery list, literally while I am working on it.

2. This has happened in all my sceneries - any default static simobject tail dragger aircraft i have added, all sit upright like they are on tricycle gear, I have had to manually adjust them, snap to ground / normal does not work.

I’m not sure if this helps. But i’m running 90% stable, with an empty community folder and SDK 13

I just can’t seem to build a project (aircraft).

Nothing’s changed with my files, just running the new update and SDK14. Rolled back to SDK13 but it’s doing the same thing now:

Can’t load the .gltf, and can’t find the (correct) output path, even though it exists…

I’ll try making a new project and copying the assets across I guess.

But first, let’s get rid of both .13 and .14, restart, reinstall .14 by itself and see what happens…

Le sigh…

1 Like

So, uninstalled all SDKs, reinstalled SDK14 after a restart.

Then started a new project from scratch, imported my aircraft model etc and still get the following errors:

GltfCompiler | Failed to validate optimized GLTF data
PackageBuilder | Output path does not exist: (shows correct and valid path) for both the .gltf and the .bin files

I’m at a loss… I’m exporting as usual with the ‘extended GLTF 2.0 for MSFS’ Blender exporter.

I also get an error when trying to export an aircraft with the SDK14. It says "Node without Unique ID while using the unique_id extension, nodes [0] : " and it lists all nodes in my 3D scene.

And finally also complains about a path that is not there. Although it compiles all textures and other files and moves them to that Package folder , but then also fails to create the .gltf data.

Today I noticed that the 3ds max babylon exporter is missing a setting, which used to be in the previous version. I cant select " ASOBO_unique ID " anymore.
The multi exporter still got the setting, but is greyed out.

Screen Shot 08-05-21 at 01.55 PM 00122

In the SDK documentation it is clearly there.

https://docs.flightsimulator.com/html/Asset_Creation/3D_Models/Submodel_Merging.htm

My guess is that the 3ds max exporter is missing that setting or something got completely changed and messes up the gltf files.

Hotfix out. SDK still dead.

Has anyone still got a working link to the SDK 0.13 version ?

I still have it in downloads and can probably stick it in google drive if you still need it

1 Like

Hello fellow developers,
Update on missing jetways:
Done a lot of R&D today with default and custom jetways because a few or maybe a lot of users were reporting them missing from (to be) pay-ware scenery.
For me, the issue only happened if I changed aircraft before starting a flight from the world map. In that scenario, no jetways at my custom airport. My airport is freeware but there’s a pay-ware version making it’s way out of the womb and it’s likely to have similar genetics.
Testing showed up this:
Taxiway parking, jetway as SimObject only, no jetway after changing aircraft at the airport.
Taxiway parking, jetway as SimObject PLUS JetwayMicroLink as SceneryObject. Jetway present under all circumstances (in my case).
It looks like the optional SceneryObject isn’t optional any more. Maybe it will be optional again in the future.
I also wrote a quick program to remove the spurious groupIndex attributes from the scenery xml file as it’s not specified in the sdk, but that made no difference. Adding a SceneryObject as well as a SimObject to the gate did.
Hope someone can confirm.

that would super cool , thank you . Can´t do much with the 14 version unfortunately .

Hi All,

I am experiencing the same issues listed throughout. In addition, I’ve also found when using 3Ds max I can export a model just fine. I can build a package with no problem. However, if I add a flight sim light to a model when I check the console I have no errors when exporting the file. When I try to build the package so I can see the model in my SDK. Well, the game freezes my computer and then turns the screens black.

Anyone else experiencing this?

I guess I erased mine , do you mind sharing it please. I appreciate it

Has anyone tried to upload a simobject to their existing projecr? I tried adding a jetway as a simobject to my project and when building the project is looking for an aircraft and I get lots of errors.

Just to check you didn’t make the mistake i did with the way the sample files sdk files and docs are installed seperately now.
For me when i installed sdk 14 it didn’t uninstall the sdk 13, it was still on my pc after. This was causing the sdk to crash for me after getting rid of the old one and re-installing the latest version it fixed ctd in sdk for me.