SDK Issues after Update 5 | No Project Work Possible

1 Like

Hi Mate
That’s caused by the AirportGroup no longer being supported in the last update.

You need to manually remove the AirportGroup elements from your scene XML. For me they were the first elements under the main Airport element.

I just don’t understand why they would break things that worked.

3 Likes

One step back ready for two forward hopefully.
I’ve just spent the last 12 hours solid having to reconfigure and retest 116 jetways and links to stop them disappearing when people change aircraft before flying from the gate. Still got 40 left to test tomorrow.
Just read in the SDK that Jetways set up as scenery instead of SimObjects are now depreciated. Glad I didn’t do that!

3 Likes

What about on-the-fly reloads? Any walkarounds yet?

The re-loads seemed to be working at one point after uninstalling 0.13.0, but that was based on a quick test on a very simple asset in the project. It’s definitely not working for complex assets. The only workaround at the moment is to update the gltf’s, load and build the project, copy package to com, restart the sim and load up the project again, a second or two has become 5-10 minutes unfortunately.
Noticed also that if you have a package of the project in the community folder, it will often suddenly materialize when your editing. I was deleting Asobo Micro-links and they suddenly stopped disappearing even though they were no longer listed. Thought I was going insane. Closing and re-opening the project resolved it for a while.

2 Likes

Well itf this is how things are right now, I’ll have to wait for a fix/update, can’t risk breaking stuff.

1 Like

Hi Everyone, U[date 11/08/2021
After trying to help someone experiencing issues with the SDK based on what I’ve been through the last week or two and giving some advice that may help others get back on their feet again via this post, so others may find some useful pockets of information, I’ve been asked by the moderators to take the conversation private or involve other people.
I’m doing both.
I would like to ask Asobo and/or Microsoft to provide some input into the current state of the SDK after the last update and invite them into the conversation. And let us know what’s coming for us in the next update being better or worse. At least that way we know what to anticipate.
Thanks.

4 Likes

Yes thank you. Having to restart the whole sim and hoping I don’t get a CTD just to move a vertex on my model 2 inches is mind blowing.

This issue is truly driving me crazy as I need the editor most right now.

Hi,

Not sure if this belongs here, but after SDK 0.14.0.0 the Editor behaves in a strange way that makes it difficult to get any work done. The problem is with the keyboard shortcuts and the mouse, and the symptoms below seem to appear for periods of time. At other times the keyboard seems to work, but so far I have not detected a pattern. I was wondering if others have the same issues. My symptoms are:

• E & W selecting rotate & translate do not work
  • Scroll wheel zoom only works occasionally (barely at all)
  • Right click for context menues does not work
  • Middle mouse button for changing translate/rotate/scale mode does not work (never)
  • Undo ctrl-z, duplicate ctrl-d and DEL key to remove do not work
  • Dev camera is very slow (always). Have to use drone cam to get around.

I have uninstalled and re-installed the SDK but still have the same problem.

Cheers

1 Like

Can’t compile a scenery with jetways. I’ve made 3 sceneries with jetways prior to this, but now I’m out of ideas

Do you use blender or 3ds max? Because I get those errors when compiling an aircraft as well as not having unique ID nodes in my 3D scene.

I suspect the 3ds max plugin being faulty, because in the previous SDK I could compile the same package without errors.

I’m using both, both have issues. Sceneries are almost impossible to work with.

Yes. I gave up. Im hoping the next update fixes this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mate,
Coincidentally I started on my first custom jetway today. I had to revert back to SDK 0.13. The Babylon Exporter provided with 0.14 appears to have lost a lot of important export options and doesn’t export the gltf with the right node ID’s any more.
Surprisingly the jetway project compiles in dev mode running 0.13. But I’ll most likely need to go back to 0.14 again to compile the scenery. What a nightmare.
Update: Jinxed myself. The jetway has now left the building, along with it’s micro-link. The last thing I did before the last compile was tweaking the glass alpha and adding an Asobo Box Gizmo to lod0 for collisions. Approaching 1am, calling it a night.

1 Like

My packages compile again after “fixing” the Asobo unique ID parameter in the 3ds max script file.
So at least the multi exporter now works again and the unique node errors are gone.

The Babylon file exporter is still not working.

I got the solution from here:

Hi tomlaut1980
I’ve got the Babylon File Exporter working again by reverting to SDK 0.13.0, no more Node ID errors when compiling a desperately needed custom jetway. I’ve not yet tested the Multi-Exporter we need for making collision object at LOD0, and maybe other implementations like aircraft.
I was a programmer in C# .Net and Python with kids Raspberry PI, so maybe able to help more. Best thing would be for the SDK installer to have the options again to choose where to install it and what parts of it we wanted like it was previously.

Added custom buildings, save scenery, then Build(no errors) and my buidings vanish but remain in the objects window but on-screen ‘invisilble’.
This never happened in the previous SDK update.

With the hotfix came probably a little fix, so you can now choose where to install the SDK. It is still the same version (0.14) but everything else is broken.

I dont have the 0.13 version anymore , so cant revert back. But changing this python file at least fixes the Multi exporter. The unique ID option is not greyed out anymore.

For aircraft I rather need the babylon exporter to work. In my scene I have got several layers and groups, so I have to break the aircraft hirachy in order to be able to export a single .gltf file with the multi exporter.

Yes I also ended up with invisible objects, when trying to fix an airport. It is a bug, because when I put the built scenery into the Community folder those objects show up again.

1 Like