SDK Issues after Update 5 | No Project Work Possible

Hi All,

Anybody having issues with the SDK since the update 5? This is what I found today after the update went overnight:

• Can’t update custom assets on the fly anymore.
  • Can’t update custom assets unless I remove the corresponding package from the Community folder and… Restart and …
  • Can’t update custom assets at all unless I clean the project before building (and do the above).
  • Can’t edit my airport as when I expand the airport list it immediately condenses again, nothing can be selected.
  • If I keep expanding it repeatedly I’ll get CTD.
  • Sometimes the list does expand, BUT all of the airport items are skewed left out of the edit box, so I still can’t edit the jetways.
  • The package builds without any errors. But testing the package in the community folder, only 3 or 4 of the 140+ jetways are there.
  • When I select a parking spot at the airport and click fly, 90% of the time it will CTD.

I’m 3 days away from my first pay-ware launch on 1st August and this project has been full time work for the past 5 months.
Should be angry but I feel like crying to be honest

CTD Application log error is always the same and it even does this at the menu screen sometimes:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.18.13.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000009db628
Faulting process id: 0x2694
Faulting application start time: 0x01d783aa12840a53
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: 563a5cdc-9e58-47bf-bcf9-3a92e203806c
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

10 Likes

Hi,
can confirm you issues:

• existing or adding Groups for the Airportsection will break the list below Airport in the Scenery Editor
  • changed gltfs files will not be reloaded in the sim, even a internal or external Build don’t change the Objects
  • projected meshes are displayed and removed as they want

No project work possible anymore.

3 Likes

Thanks mate,
Welcome to the forums.
If you do a clean build with an updated gltf and stick the new package in the community folder it should show up the updated version. A bit long winded though.
The airport section is a big worry, if it’s corrupted the scene XML, I’ve got 25,500 lines of code to go through!
It also seemed my newly built package was causing a lot of the CTD’s. Not had one for over an hour yet.

I continue CTD in the project of an airport that I was previously working on.
I found taxipath groupings that have changed in this update.
I can’t work more than 5 minutes it crashes to the desktop.
What happened?
Did they get drunk in ASOBO?
Let’s hope they fix it up.

2 Likes

I feel your pain man!

1 Like

How have Microsoft not addressed these concerns yet? For some this is people’s livelihood and source of income. We are trying to update an existing scenery (YPAD) and when we build in the new update, some random objects have pink chequered textures. Even re-exporting with a new texture doesn’t fix it. The existing scenery works in the sim with the correct textures, only when doing a new build and adding to packages it is showing the random pink textures.

This on top of all the things mentioned by the OP above which we are also experiencing. Absolutely frustrating but the frustrations would be alleviated if MS or Asobo at least acknowledged this and gave us assurance that they understand what’s happening and are working on a fix. If I’ve missed this from them I would be grateful if someone could confirm.

5 Likes

Hi All.

Since only very few of us are experiencing these issues, I’m guessing we’re doing something different to the other developers.
Although feeling 5uicida1 this morning I opened up the scene.xml file and the SDK documentation, first focusing on the XML element:

Directly under the element were a number of these:
AirportGroup displayName=“Parking Services J” groupID=“17” groupIndex=“5354”
AirportGroup displayName=“Parking Services K” groupID=“18” groupIndex=“5355”
etc…

Back to the SDK document and a search for AirportGroup brings up nothing and it also not listed as a valid element under Airport. After checking a number of other elements, there seems to be no reference to the airportgroup ID or reference.
Made a backup copy of scene.xml and removed all the AirportGroup elements from the original scene.xml and loaded up the project in dev mode.
Hey presto I can now access the Airport dropdown in the editor. I’ve built the project to test and it seems all the jetways are back in the community release too. Not had any CTD’s either.

More testing to do to confirm, but this may be a workaround for one of the problems.

Update: Still getting random CTD starting flights from the custom airport. This also happens randomly when setting a gate as a departure at stock airports with nothing in the Community folder. May not be related to the SDK.

Im getting Crash to Console freeze with 50+ errors… upon build.
If i just load the scene lots of apron textures (bay numbers) are messed up, 10x larger and duplicated incorrect textures for the particular parking bay- EGKK by the way…
Looks like there needs to be an SDK 0.14.0

1 Like

Hi, this new form came out when doing the BUILD ALL and BUILD PACKAGE.
I work 5 minutes with the SDK then always CTD, which ASOBO boxes.

1 Like

Have you tried building the scene outside of MSFS with the fspackagetool.exe ?
I also get quite a few crashes when building a scene inside of MSFS. I stopped doing that and only build a scene externally. Seems to work better.

Same with me. No more groups in the airport list. If you try to open it, a CTD usually happens. I am stopping my work on my project now and waiting for an update.

1 Like

Hi #TSO9911,
If it’s something urgent, you can remove the AirportGroup elements manually from the scene.xml and the CTD’s should stop. They were the first sub elements under the Airport element in my case. My project’s almost complete so grouping stuff for management doesn’t really matter any more. Not guaranteed because people are raising other problems with Apron textures etc. that I’ve had issues with and stopped using them.
Also a lot of the CTD’s have stopped now in general, and they were happening with or without anything in the community folder, I spent the majority of the day testing.

So you can get your airport editing back, update gltf models by building the package and putting it in the community folder and doing a restart. For the other problems I don’t know.

All that being said, I’ve lost all confidence in releasing a pay-ware product on 1st August without assurances from MS and ASOBO regarding what the heck went wrong, and how it won’t happen a third time.

Hello the message also comes with the build export.
It took me a while to close the message. Closing the console helped.

1 Like

Is a solution for me. Is ok, traffic problems
I work a Longtime and not CTD
OPTIMUM

I experience similar problems to yours @CAPT5LOW. I just did some work on an older airport I’ve built and it load fine but what I’ve seen so far i cant:

• Update existing buildings.
  • Build the package and see the result. Basically the entire airport become transparent afterwards. I can still select everything in the list but I don’t see it in the world.
    The log give me no errors at all.

I can:

• Add new buildings.

The only way to see the result is to close the sim and then copy the package to the community folder and start the sim again.

The other day I jokingly said to my friend that we’ll see what they will break this time and then we laughed (and cried a bit)…aaaand sure they did break all sorts of new things with the update. Again.

I’m getting Crash to Console freeze, also CTD.

I cant compile anything.

I am stopping my work now and also waiting for an update.

1 Like

Could someone tell me if microsoft or asobo are wanting us to play tic-tac-toe in airports. That makes it difficult !!!

1 Like

this sdk is completely buggy, with no conditions to improve or modify the airports.

3 Likes

@Jamilzeira82,
Now THAT’S a bug LOL.
Check there’s nothing in the Community folder causing it.

Update

I found out today that SDK 0.13 was still installed despite installing 0.14 in the usual way.
After uninstalling both 0.14 and 0.13 and re-installing 0.14 I can update 3D assets in the normal way.
Projects that still contain the AirportGroup elements still need to be manually edited to remove them in order to access any custom airports in the scenery editor.

2 Likes