Seafront's Global Shipping on Xbox

To be fair I’m with @LadenKitty92253 on the quality of software released these days. I’m old and things use to be better. People didn’t have the infrastructure to drop hundreds of patches and updates back in the day. They had to release something that was stable on day 1. However they also had fairly stable, relatively simple computers to target.

At the same time I think it is very noble of you to give your time to Seafront to help get to the bottom of this for Xbox users too.

1 Like

All - Microsoft are actively working on addressing this and re-testing various configurations. As it is only affecting Xbox users we are hopeful that it is something easily resolvable. Currently encryption is suspected to be the cause but this needs confirming.

We will update you all when we hear more.

13 Likes

It’s very frustrating spending €30+ on a product that is not working at all on XBox.
I do however appreciate your updates on that and understand you are working to resolve this asap.

1 Like

i think all addons should be refundable within a few days !!!

1 Like

Perso… c’est pas le fait de se faire rembourser qui changera quelque-chose, j’ai juste envie de profiter au mieux d’une passion, que je ne peux malheureusement pas assouvir par manque de moyens comme la plupart des gens qui ne le diront pas forcément. Et puis il y a aussi le fait de regarder certaines vidéos de streamer sur les plate-formes qui donne envie à d’autres joueurs comme nous (joueur xbox) d’avoir les mêmes addons que sur pc même si on sait pertinemment que c’est impossible. Mais comme on dit… l’espoir fait vivre.
Donc juste merci à microsoft, asobo, seafront etc… d’avoir rendu possible ceci sur XBOX en espérant que d’autres addons non pollué viendront enrichir la simulation sur XBOX
Ceci dit, j’espère qu’ils trouverons rapidement la solution, afin que l’on puisse jouir correctement de nos achats :wink:

1 Like

Hi All, we have posted a new update about the Xbox issues on the Product Announcement Page

[UPDATE v 1.3.0] Vessels: Enhanced AI | Seafront Simulations - Third Party Addon Discussion / Product Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

2 Likes

(On Xbox Series X)

I have noticed that the Enhanced AI and Global Shipping have been what seems to me automatically deleted from my content management yet the core library still remains, is this a normal part of the process? Also are we going to be issued refunds regardless now even if we still want them?

Hi @RandyFlagg9653 Thanks for asking - We’re waiting on clarification from MS regarding the refund process for Xbox users but I will feed in your specific question.

The Core Library is there in support of Vessels: Anguilla, St Martin & St Barts which is working on Xbox.

2 Likes

Im guessing if we don’t go through the awkwardness of issuing refunds, the system will know we have already paid for these when they become available?

I sure hope so, I’m more disturbed by the fact the 2 add ons were wiped from my console without as much as a warning, telling me what’s going on. Did this happen to you? Not cool in my books :unamused:

I think Seafront have mentioned it to be fair in their update thread that they referenced earlier as they don’t want anyone else buying for now so they requested removal.

Does anyone know how to do the refund process for this. As it won’t be the usual one.

I suppose it could come under “I was charged but haven’t received my item.”

Hi @RandyFlagg9653 - We requested removal from the Marketplace for Xbox but didn’t know that this would delete it from your system too so apologies for the lack of warning. Hopefully it just means you save some space whilst we get this resolved. MS/Asobo are closed over the weekend so I’m expecting more detail will be forthcoming early next week.

2 Likes

Has been entirely pulled from content manager and marketplace and Microsoft has denied both of my refund requests because simpoints = consumable to them and they ignore legitimate requests.

Can you escalate this? Thanks.

This is rather appalling. I hope this is resolved quickly. We should be refunded for products that don’t work.

1 Like

Yes it is apalling. After Microsoft twice denied my refunds as “consumables” I filed digital goods not received claims with PayPal and attached images of the @SeafrontSims post on the forums as well as emails denying my refunds and they instantly refunded my money saying I provided adequate evidence of items not received.

Cheers

That’s the last time I buy any Marketplace content.

And that’s no fault of Seafront, this is all about Microsoft and Asobo policies.

As an Xbox User you have NO alternative. But for future buy i will first check for feedback.

The M/S response on a refund is outrageous and makes me wary in the future. Quite right to raise it via Paypal, maddening to have to though. If a product is pulled for non functionality then you should get an option of a refund, end of.
It’s not the devs fault though, it must be really hard to do last minute QA on your product when it’s released through a proprietry platform/marketplace and approved by M/S / Asobo. The joys of the marketplace and a closed system (XBox).
I’m still looking forward to this release when it eventually comes out on XBox. Just glad I held off for now.

The problem is, the marketplace on Xbox keeps all ratings from the PC version (with no review commentary, of course) so people see a good rating and go buy it even though it may not work at all or have significant bugs on Xbox. This has happened with soooo many add-ons. And someone has to take the plunge and spend the time uploading for your specific hardware.

Is it really too much to ask that this stuff get tested before we’re asked to spend money on it? I don’t think anyone is interested in the blame game at this point but the whole working on PC with old user reviews/broken on Xbox trend really needs to stop.

Xbox is supposed to be easier to manage - everyone has the same hardware, software updates are rare and usually don’t mess with how game code functions - should be a one and done easy way for devs to increase sales but everyone is struggling for some reason.

1 Like