Seafront's Global Shipping on Xbox

Yes. I know what I’m doing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok just checking, so many different levels of experience on here. Would love to get this on XBox so am eagerly watching deelopments here.

Well the good news in it looks great on PC. So once it’s working on Xbox we’ll be happy.

Now if only we could have a decent AI Aircraft addon for Xbox.

1 Like

Indeed, currently my AI traffic has been switched off due to the CTD’s it was causing. I haven’t even tried turning it back on either after encountering too many other aircraft in places that they shouldn’t be. I’m using live traffic instead for now. Just hope this global shipping plugin can run without causing any more XBox issues especially with SU6 and SU7 imminent. I’m not much into scenery addons, but global ones (like enhanced airport textures and shipping) definitely have an appeal for me.

1 Like

Same for me. I like a busy world that feels like it’s alive.

3 Likes

Thanks for posting this. I downloaded this about 11 hours ago and did not see any ships. I flew around, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Japan but there are no ships seen. I bought the enhanced AI and the global shipping add-ons. I also tried uninstalling all 3 and install from the core download, followed by enhanced AI, then to the global shipping and still does not work.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming @Grumpyrocker - We are hoping this is just a couple of small glitches that have snuck into the Xbox process and can be fixed quickly. Both products passed testing this week at the MS/Asobo end so it’s very odd that this has happened to Xbox users yesterday/today.

4 Likes

Does it rely on Live Traffic? because i have live traffic on and have seen hardly anything flying today. maybe an issue at Asobos end? Just guessing mind.

Sigh… The reliance on the consumer to test these things after purchase is getting tiresome although it is good to see the responsiveness of the developer in this particular case versus other add-ons.

To be honest it isn’t our job but it is what it is and rather than whinging on here I’d rather help out to see if we can nail the problem or give some clues.

2 Likes

No, your comment is the problem - the community is generally acceptable with products releasing in alpha/beta phases of development and having the end users find the bugs so it keeps happening.

If you would like to be a beta tester for free, that’s up to you - I’d like to spend more time flying than finding work arounds for bugs.

I have a hard time understanding how so many add-ons can simultaneously take forever to be released and can have bugs that are easily identified within minutes of using them. I am starting to think no one owns an Xbox to test these things.

5 Likes

Nothing wrong with my comment.

Yes we shouldn’t have to test. But wasting energy whining doesn’t move us forward either.

I’d rather spend a little time helping out a dev with say Xbox testing to find a problem, rather than lambast them.

You can only moan so much.

3 Likes

Thank you for proving my point. This dev seems on top of it at least so hopefully they push an update for you in a timely manner.

I have had these for a while on PC and I must say the wakes have improved a good deal with the latest releases but I feel the frustration for Xbox owners. That is very disappointing indeed.

If past experience is anything to go by Seafront are rather good at resolving issues quickly BUT I don’t know if this is down to them or not? It seems more of a Marketplace problem because it works well on PC.

Here’s hoping the Xbox owners see what we are very soon.

To be fair I’m with @LadenKitty92253 on the quality of software released these days. I’m old and things use to be better. People didn’t have the infrastructure to drop hundreds of patches and updates back in the day. They had to release something that was stable on day 1. However they also had fairly stable, relatively simple computers to target.

At the same time I think it is very noble of you to give your time to Seafront to help get to the bottom of this for Xbox users too.

1 Like

All - Microsoft are actively working on addressing this and re-testing various configurations. As it is only affecting Xbox users we are hopeful that it is something easily resolvable. Currently encryption is suspected to be the cause but this needs confirming.

We will update you all when we hear more.

13 Likes

It’s very frustrating spending €30+ on a product that is not working at all on XBox.
I do however appreciate your updates on that and understand you are working to resolve this asap.

1 Like

i think all addons should be refundable within a few days !!!

1 Like

Perso… c’est pas le fait de se faire rembourser qui changera quelque-chose, j’ai juste envie de profiter au mieux d’une passion, que je ne peux malheureusement pas assouvir par manque de moyens comme la plupart des gens qui ne le diront pas forcément. Et puis il y a aussi le fait de regarder certaines vidéos de streamer sur les plate-formes qui donne envie à d’autres joueurs comme nous (joueur xbox) d’avoir les mêmes addons que sur pc même si on sait pertinemment que c’est impossible. Mais comme on dit… l’espoir fait vivre.
Donc juste merci à microsoft, asobo, seafront etc… d’avoir rendu possible ceci sur XBOX en espérant que d’autres addons non pollué viendront enrichir la simulation sur XBOX
Ceci dit, j’espère qu’ils trouverons rapidement la solution, afin que l’on puisse jouir correctement de nos achats :wink:

1 Like

Hi All, we have posted a new update about the Xbox issues on the Product Announcement Page

[UPDATE v 1.3.0] Vessels: Enhanced AI | Seafront Simulations - Third Party Addon Discussion / Product Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

2 Likes