Seasonal Tree Colors

I wanted to share some images with the flightsimulator.com community of a project that Rob Ainscough and I have been working on for a couple of months. I have been figuring out how tree colors work in the sim, developing a tool that generates file content so I can create color themes quickly, and creating several color themes/presets. Rob has been working diligently on the application build side of things, which encompasses a lot of work. This project Rob and I are working on should be a nice app that will give users the ability to have some nice seasonal TreeScapes.
The last image, by the way, shows trees in the Springtime.

29 Likes

Interesting. Is it related to this mod, or something distinct? Will it require change of the Biome core file or will you be able to deploy using a Community Mod structure?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/looks-like-we-have-fall-season-in-the-sim-now/318204/5

1 Like

It is not related to the mod you referenced. We are looking at having an app that would make the changes needed in the sim.

5 Likes

Nice. What about winter tree color though?

I looks really nice, I’m just worried about how this would interact with updates. I’ve found that messing with the files outside of the community folder can lead to some … let’ say unwanted side effects on patch day.

2 Likes

The first pic is Minneapolis in the where I used mostly brown with a bit of rust colored trees. The second pic is in Vermont where I used only brown trees.

5 Likes

I’m very impressed.

If:

1. devs promise continuous suuport/updates/fixes etc,

2. purchase and installation of the app can be done through MSFS marketplace,

3. app is done in collaboration with MSFS devs/team in a way so that MSFS updates don’t break it and,

4. app doesn’t destabilize MSFS in any shape or form

Then you devs can have my money as soon as you release it. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

No money required. This will be free.

13 Likes

Looks fantastic work thank you for the tine in creating this.
Look forward to it, another layer of graphic immersion.
Well done both!
Dont forget to post a link here when available!!

I love it, the result is stunning ! I always dreamed about flying with autumn colours.
Thanks for your work, that’s great :grinning:

Did not install it yet, but it is an issue I just thaught aubout yesterday. Thank you

I can smell the autumn leaves through the screenshots!
Really cool!

Great, when and where can I get it.

Would it be possible to make graphic replacements for deciduous trees strictly for winter (loose all their leaves for winter) as opposed to evergreens? All the trees except of course for evergreens are all barren this time of year.

mmm snow frosted pine trees yummy

1 Like

Can’t wait to give this a go!

I wish we had the knowledge to do this, but this is using current MSFS tree assets. It would be great if Asobo would make a set of deciduous trees available with no leaves. If they did that, we could add them to different presets we are creating.

Asobo, if you are listening, please make a set of trees with no leaves available in the sim. Please, please, please.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the kind words and we are looking forward to releasing it. In terms of when, I will try to get a time frame from the developer who has been working diligently on this.

Here are a few screens of a preset I am working on at the moment that shows promise:

3 Likes

This looks great! Well done. How’s development going? I’m really excited for this :smiley:

Development is coming along well. We are in an Alpha phase at the moment and looking to get into Beta within the next two weeks.

This is a screen capture from just outside of Seattle of a preset that has warm tones and those warm tones are reflected in the conifers. There are other presets that have cool tones, which give a different feel.

Here is a screenshot at dusk. The subtle fall colors in the background give this image a certain feel:

Tropical vegetation colors have also been changed to reflect a more realistic color pallet. This is a pic from the mountains in Colombia South America.

Let me know if you want to see more. Thanks.

1 Like