Seasons No Longer “Started”

Uh, “we say stuff and you shouldn’t believe any of it, get used to it” isn’t the gotcha response you might think it is.

If people don’t have confidence in what the creators of MSFS are telling us, they are much less likely to buy or use any products moving forward. That doesn’t just harm MS, it harms other users who will see fewer improvements as the sim is less financially successful.

8 Likes

I would just wait and see. Their track record is hardly indicitive of scamming their audience. I think we will all be very pleasantly surprised when we hear the July surprise and what’s in store.

2 Likes

Me also! Quite bizarre.

8 Likes

Based on that transcript he says, “season cycle” which I think based on the context is true. He goes on to say “the sun, the moon, is fully realized and simulated,” which I think is the part of “season cycle” he’s talking about.

They haven’t implemented some of the visual aspects of the seasons, but I think it’s not unreasonable to say that the plan to implement features like trees changing colors in the fall was something planned for the FS series and not necessarily promised for this specific version.

3 Likes

It’s not about corporate loyalty, but about common sense and about an unhappy minority who cannot accept that others might be having a good time. It’s like “If I’m unhappy, then everyone should be too”

Everyone who applied an ounce of common sense knew that MSFS 2024 would support the current addons and even if you wanted a confirmation, a little bit of patience would’ve been enough.

MSFS 2020 is the flight sim that has given most value for money in the history of flight simming. We’ve received free updates and even planes that are unheard of. We’ve been involved in a way that’s unique in the industry, I can only look at other flight sims where there might be an annual communication in best case.

MSFS used to come with a new edition every second year in the 90’s and 00’s and the previous edition wasn’t bug free by the time the version came out, far from actually. Now this isn’t unique for this franchise, but the same in all other flight sims out there.

Constructive criticism and feedback will always be welcome, as that keeps improving the product. No one has claimed MSFS is perfect, there is always room for improvement. Unfounded rants and made-up theories that we’ve seen from a small but vocal group of people will not benefit the community, nor make the product better.

7 Likes

Let´s put some clarity on this topic.

Oct 2021:

Seasons started for MSFS and to be released by 2022.

Source is not speculation nor invention but the offical info published by development team.

To be fair a roadmap or development plan is never binding. However advertising is binding.

If someone presents to you this information as a feature to be included in your current product and then it´s not included you may not be in a position to claim but it´s completely right to be angry. Anyone who is a bit familiar with business knows this is indeed cheating your customers with fake information to create false expectations, which is still a legit marketing tactic but can easily kill your reputation. It´s 100 times better not to commit to provide extras, just deliver the baseline described in the contract and then charge customers with the extras.

Feel free to draw you conclusions about how complete the baseline you purchased is. This is not a crowdfunding experiment nor an early access as it was never sold nor advertised like that. MSFS was sold as a license and there was too much undercover marketing afterwards just to come to the conclusion that the product was not going to be finished.

I just want that the features included with the initial licence purchase work. Nothing else than that and nothing extra to be added to that license. But if you say you will include one extra feature then either finish it or never say you will include it. Then we could talk about MSFS 2035 if you want. And sorry if this sounds rude but this is not a bazar full of amateur sellers dealing with rookie customers. It´s Microsoft together with a community that in many cases has walked the path together with them for years.

Cheers

21 Likes

As you said, “a roadmap or development plan is never binding,” and the very top of that graphic says “Top Wishes” Those are all things users have asked them to add. I never was under the impression that seasons were ever promised or advertised when MSFS came out.

The amount of copium in some of these replies shows how easily in the times we now live how people submit to big corporations /government desires and wishes. It’s like some people are so easily indoctrinated and begin then defending the corporate agenda. A few years ago, most would push back but now, people are blindly and easily influenced it’s pitiful.

11 Likes

I’m Happy with what we got especially given the fact that a lot of the content wasnt even planned in the First place. There are twice as many free airports than i owned payware in p3d. Folks, why are we even having this debate? Also i’m running a season enhancement Programm. Cost me Like 20 Euros or so…

2 Likes

Can only Talk for myself but: No? I Like MSFS, it Runs Well for me and i cant wait for the next Iteration. Plain ans simple.

7 Likes

You don’t know what is going to happen yet. They haven’t announced the pricing for MSFS 2024 or even if we will have to pay to get it. Just wait and see. Since the launch in 2020 they have hardly acted in a way that suggests they are trying to fleece their customers. We’ve had more free content added to MSFS 2020 than any other game I’ve ever bought by far.

Over the last three years Jorg and the Asobo team have done more than enough to convince me of their genuine passion for this franchise and their commitment to doing the best that they can for this community.

When MSFS 2024 launches next year, the last thing they will want is a very loud, angry minority of 2020 simmers who feel shafted and exluded from the the sim they invested in because they don’t have or aren’t willing to spend another $100.

Their track record does not suggest they are going to create a massive split in their community and will take steps to avoid that. They will probably want all MSFS users to be able to enjoy MSFS 2024…

6 Likes

Sorry, but this is a dramatic understatement of how big of a problem it was not to make this clear simultaneously when releasing the announcement. It’s not at all obvious or “common sense” that a brand new simulator would support addons from an old simulator, and in fact addons from older simulators were not always compatible when newer sims were released.

Lots of the criticisms and anger may be unfounded, but this one was actually a big deal and thankfully we got clarity about 8 hours after the trailer launched.

2 Likes

2020 not mentioned only Microsoft Flight Simulator … make of that what you will

You’re probably right, and to be honest, I (personally) couldn’t care less if it makes it in or not, I bought REX when it launched and it works great, will be nice when they release the ground masks as well.

Let’s be honest, third party DEVS (for the most part) get it right, if not better anyway.

At which point Asobo partners (as history has shown us).

2 Likes

So what guarantee is there that everything they’re promising in FS2024 is delivered in that product and not a subsequent release (ie ‘FS 2027’)? By declaring this as a specific iteration of ‘Flight Simulator’ they’ve given themselves zero wiggle room.
Just putting this on record in anticipation of any further, future, disappointment.

2 Likes

and yet most XP11 addons worked in XP12 right out of the gate (so i’ve heard). Some had bugs, some were unusable and others got ports that were free upgrades to current owners of the XP11 version. It’s completely reasonable to suspect that upward compatibility was in the plan

3 Likes

Huh? XP isn’t developed by Microsoft or Asobo, so this is irrelevant. Sometimes past FS versions had backwards compatibility for addons, while sometimes they didn’t. My point stands.

1 Like

It’s also scary how many folk think that Microsoft / Asobo’s main aim is nothing more than to screw the end user. I’m sure that if they had been able to get seasons working by now then they would have done so.

10 Likes

maybe. And yet the principle is still the same.

So why is it unreasonable to assume the new game will have backwards compatibility with old game addons? From a historical standpoint, you literally invalidated your own argument

2 Likes

I don’t care I WON’T be going to MS2024 but that doesn’t matter as i already have seasons and have done for a long time so ya boo sucks :slight_smile: