Seasons

Hence they should address this in a q&a. Why is it not further up on the list I wonder?

On the very day of the development update, that’s is to say April 22nd, it was listed at the bottom of the wishes snapshot and marked due released in 2022.

I have now taken a fresh peek at an updated version of the top wishes snapshot, it’d been apparently edited and totally removed from the list.

Interesting.

Are you sure ?

I can see the “Seasons” on both normal and web friendly version of wishes list.

Here is the link

Kind regards.

Nothing was removed. Probably it take more time then expected vs others priority. Season is a lot more then just tree colours, season is dynamic from ground terrain, different country, winter activity airports, even on sky.

1 Like

I’m well aware of the fact that seasons is a lot more than just a tree color, maybe I’m the first simmer here to have states that we must be patient and wait for and urge the developers to bring the native elaborate seasons scheme to the simulator when ‘seasonal tree modifier add-on’ fist came in a few months back.

Please check and verify that Seasons seems removed on the top wishes snapshot - second one from top - in the living April 22nd Dev Update BLOG here

Summary on Seasons fate :

On the main MSFS page : Seasons planned in 2022

On the BLOG page : Seasons nonexistent

On the web friendly page : Seasons planned in 2021

LFMAO

2 Likes

It’s mistake on the blog, there is only one top wish snapshot page on the blog for feature (not talking about VR top wishes snapshot or Top bug). There should be 2 pages of top wish snapshot, one full page of top wish snapshot is completely missing.

MSFS Web Site va Blog missing one full page.

MSFS Web Site

Blog

@Jummivana can you add the missing top wishes to the Blog, there is missing one.

1 Like

fixed now go to blog [BLOG] April 22nd, 2021 Development Update

1 Like

Bad news becomes official then, Seasons backlogged to 2022.

Sad and unfortunate this is pushed back so far.

I’d really, really love seasons built in. Ideally it would calculate seasons by blending between 4 different variations based on the day of year, or a slider. Not just 4 distinct settings. Maybe that’s too much to ask for, but in the real world there aren’t 4 perfectly distinct seasons, it’s always a smooth transition somewhere between two. If there’s entirely separate textures for each season, then blending them for any given day is likely impossible. But if seasons are accomplished by coloring the base scenery textures, ground textures, tree/vegetation textures, with a color multiplier and perhaps contrast (gamma) value, those could interpolate between the 4 season settings giving an infinite variation of seasons. Much more realistic and varied.

1 Like

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Announcing “4 Season Pack” - V5 Released - Spring in North; Fall in South Hemisphere

Folks, please keep 3rd Party addons out of the wishlist. Use #third-party-addon-discussion for this.

Valid. Sorry, just a little stream of consciousness chatting, and certainly off the original topic. I’ll send a private message to continue the third party chatting.

1 Like

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Your decision on how you spend your cash.

But in defence of the dev of the “silly cash grab seasons addon pack”, you obviously haven’t seen the amount of work going into it and the support he is getting from the forum. Not wishing to appear a “fanboy” (horrible terminology) as some people on here refer to supporters, it is unlikely Asobo are going to produce anything like it in the forseeable future. Okay it’s not seasons in the true meaning but the visual changes it produces in the sum, with weekly updates, is in my mind worth a lot more than he’s charging.

5 Likes

As mentioned above:

Please keep 3rd Party addons out of the wishlist. Use #third-party-addon-discussion for this.

1 Like

I just finished the q&a, and nothing was mentioned about seasons. I know it’s been pushed back until 2022, but I’m really hoping it’s sooner rather than later. The sim looks great as it is now, but flying in a summer environment year round is getting kind of stale.

I know there’s a third party add-on for this, but it messes too much with the base trees and requires user intervention to switch between the seasons. A native system is desperately needed.

7 Likes

I’ve noticed this as well and I agree. It would definitely give a whole new feel to the world.

2 Likes

Agree with u totally!

2 Likes

IMO a Native Season system is worth the wait, they started on it a while ago so hopefully will be ready by Q1 2022. I considered the mod, but honestly, having to manually change the folder to whatever season you plan to flight in seems pretty awkward and the fact that the mod would require you to turn off photogrammetry “for best results” is a big turn off for me.

I rather wait.

2 Likes