“Windmills at Kinderdijk” - Screenshot by Shameloc, winner of this week’s NVIDIA Screenshot Challenge
This week in Microsoft Flight Simulator we hosted our very first SDK Q&A! Click here to watch the video back and feel free to leave any feedback about your thoughts on the format here. We are gearing up for the release of the Just 103 Solo plane next week and can’t wait to get you in the seat of this ultralight aircraft.
A quick thank you to the Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences for choosing Microsoft Flight Simulator as the Strategy/Simulation Game of the Year in the D.I.C.E. Awards! We are extremely humbled and thankful to be chosen. Check out the thank you speech from Jorg Neumann and David Dedeine here.
- The MSFS team
Click here for the web-friendly version.
Click here for the web-friendly version.
SU = Sim Update (3, 4, etc.)
WU = World Update
ASAP = As Soon as Possible
TBD = To Be Determined
Several Releases = Fixes will come over a series of updates
Ongoing Fixes = An item we will continually be working on
Planned = Scheduled to be worked on
Under Investigation = The team is currently looking into the issue
Not Planned = We will likely not work on this
Started = Work as started on this item
As of 04/17, we have now approved 149 (+0) third parties to sell their content in our in-sim marketplace and, so far, 79 (+4) have released 318 products (+12).
845 products (+19) have already been released in 3rd party stores and the in-sim marketplace. Beyond that, another 312 products (+8) from 3rd party developers are in production (183 announced, 129 unannounced). In total, over 1,163 3rd party products (+33) are either released or are in development.
740 airports (+19) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 542 airports (+14) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 263 airports (+14) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 91 airports (+4) beyond the released airports have been announced.
- 107 airports (+1) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an airport is in production.
129 aircraft (+3) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 31 aircraft (+1) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 24 aircraft (+1) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 76 aircraft (+2) beyond the released aircraft have been announced.
- 22 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that an aircraft is in production.
261 sceneries (+4) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 245 sceneries (+3) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 22 sceneries (+2) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 16 sceneries (+1) beyond the released scenery have been announced.
27 mission packs (+1) are either released or are in various stages of development.
- 27 mission packs (+1) have been released on the platform so far in various stores.
- 3 mission packs (+0) have been released in the in-sim marketplace.
- 0 mission packs (+0) beyond the released missions have been announced.
- We fixed the installation of the 3DS Max tools.
- In the Project Editor, we renamed the package inspector “+” button into “Add asset group”.
- In the Marketplace Data Editor, we fixed a crash when loading an empty thumbnail.
- We continue to polish the Visual Effect Editor and added a VisualEffectLib Wizard among other improvements.
- We fixed an issue where the simvar index was lost when loading a file.
- We updated the new “Release Notes” window.
- In the Scenery Editor, we fixed the issue where the ‘`’ character was filtered in taxiway sign content text entry.
There are 16 new products and 18 updated products in the Marketplace today.
16 NEW PRODUCTS
18 UPDATED PRODUCTS
COMMUNITY SCREENSHOT CHALLENGE
Obsidian Ant takes a look at Microsoft Flight Simulator’s performance on a RTX 3080 to see how close he can get to 60fps at 4k resolution.
This past week NVIDIA challenged you to take a screenshot from the France/Benelux update. The grand prize winner is @Shameloc and is feature above. Below are our 10 runner up choices! This week’s Screenshot Challenge: Peace and Quiet.
Last challenge’s Finalists:
Screenshot by AviatorBenNZ (Pic du Midi de Bigorre Observatory)
Screenshot by nektarynka98 (Tours Société Générale)
Screenshot by Bomba9972 (Arc de Triomphe)
Screenshot by HolmesCZ6127 (Mont Aiguille)
Screenshot by JetMocha6156 (Afsluitdijk Dam)
Screenshot by cirurginn (Pont de Normandie)
Screenshot by RealTarus (Paris from above)
Screenshot by RtdV74302 (Notre Dame de Paris)
Screenshot by SorusePL (Etretat Chalk Complex)
Honorable Mention: Screenshot by Vograx8280 (“Eiffel Tower - 1910!”)
NEXT DEVELOPMENT UPDATE BLOG – 4.29
Microsoft Flight Simulator Team